Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Manage Third Party Access Permissions

I imported all my songs from Rdio by granting access to 3rd party web apps like Mooval , now I want to stop them from SPYING on my activities.

How do we manage 3rd party application access to our account (revoke access to applications, so they can no longer access your account), something similar to the way Twitter does it, or Last.fm

It's misleading to have an ability to grant access with no way to revoke it. I would never have granted access to 3rd party apps if I had known that it was not possible to manage these access grants.

This actually puts me on the edge of flat out removing my Spotify account entirely because it's a huge breach of trust

I DON'T WANT to be DATA MINED BY OTHER COMPANIES and STRANGERS, Please let us remove SPYS like Google does:

Screen_shot_2012-01-29_at_6.40.08_PM_610x277.png

Updated: 2016-08-10

We’re happy to announce that you can now manage access to another app or integration with Spotify. Simply head to your account page and select Apps. You can click revoke access on things like partner apps. Thats it!

Comments
korg1988

It really gets me on my nerves. Who leads the development? A drunk monkey? He/She should be fired for giving the option to give account access to third parties but not the posibility to revoke that access!

robertseetzen

Can't believe. Nover thought stuff like this could be possible in a company of a size like Spotiy. Talking of "drunk monkeys" in this context might be a little bit unobjective, but it' surely understandable, anyway. Pleasy add a "Revoke Permissions" function as soon as possible!

cocacolacomgelo

I am cancelling my subscription because of this. I can't even understand how this is not possible and I can't accept the idea that i want to revoke someone's access to my activities and that's not possible.

After trying to find this out, I have cancled mine as well, its just too much of a security risk for me

chrdavies
This is the privacy note from Spotify, regarding 3rd party apps.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-privacy-info/#3rd-party%20app%20permissions
julben

Happened to me aswell, acidentially let a 3rd party app access my Spotify thinking "meh, I'll simply revoke it quickly" ... which is NOT POSSIBLE! 

WOW...

Since my subscription is part of a mobile plan and I'm not even able to cancel it, I'll simply have to take it and learn for the future... Spotify this needs fixing ASAP.

No 3rd party access management in your service. I'm speechless.

Anyways. Hope to see a fix rather sooner than later.

I think many people aren't even aware of this.

ilsundur

Come on Spotify. Security man. I think it's time to switch to apple muaic

iPaulPro

Perhaps it's time to go Guerrilla Warfare on this forum and continue to post new treads on this until someone does something about it. Allow me to start:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Allow-revoking-of-third-party-app-pe...

Guess Spotify really doesn't care a single bit about privacy. 😞 

That's very troublesome, maybe they want to make more money with your private data than your subscription?

Sucks to see a company doing this to their users. I assumed paying for Spotify would give me the security that my data was safe; and that it would be doable to grant access to a third party for something, thinking surely Spotify must have a feature to remove such access... But no.

Highly disappointed, and it makes me wonder on what other parts Spotify is violating privacy and/or has poor security practices.

Fnantier

This is unacceptable.