Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Mono option for hearing impaired

Spotify needs to have a mono option for those of us who are hearing impaired. It is exclusionary otherwise!!!

Updated on 2021-04-05

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience and support while we're looking into this.

Writing to share some great news and confirm this feature should now be available!

If you don’t see it on desktop right away, make sure to keep the app always updated.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
Peter__

+1 from me!

Mono would be useful for me when being a bad student and trying to listen to music whilst doing something else that requires a little bit of listening 😛 you can probably guess what!

Peter

Oduglingen

I'm also in the situation where I only use one earphone at the office so as to not totally cut myself off from my colleagues. A downmix-to-mono option would be great!

captain_awesome

Please create a mono playback feature! It would help a lot when I listen at work!

nug700

I am also deaf in one ear, thus I cannot expirence half the song being played when using headphones. It would be greatly appreciated if a mono channel option was to be added.

Thanks,

-nug.

Llamarama

Same situation as Oduglingen here! This would be a very useful feature to have. As is I'll probably have to use one of the third party solutions, but would be great if it was available within the application.

Pr0cKz3d

this would be a fantastic feature.

I too use only one headphone while at work, which is where i listen to Spotify 90% of the time. 

This makes listening to stuff like System of a Down a little less than pleasent as a lot of their vocals split the harmonies between the two sides, so you end up with only half of the song actually being heard. 

babypohemus

I'd also like to support this call for a mono feature.  I'm not sure what's involved technically, but it would make my life a lot easier.  Please add my vote.

Thanks!

Xavio

When I'm at school I useally listen with onle one earphony in.

Would love to see a mono function.

akread

If your on OSX or iOS and you go into the Accessability Options then under Sound there is an option to force mono for all audio on the device.  Enable that and you will be all set.  

However I do think the app should have its own audio setting that is capable so you don't have to switch your device settings.

Hope this helps some people.

Siriusprim

Hi folks,

This is my first post and I came here looking for an answer to the very question raised in this thread.

I suffer a similar problem as 'markcollin'. In work I need to be able to listen and work at the same time but i like to eavesdrop on my colleagues just incase they are plotting to fire me.

Mono is a must!

Any updates on this?