Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time. 

Edit:

[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]

Spotify Partymode

# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.

Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.

# Options #

* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).

* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).

# Queuing #
* Queuing:
    - Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
    - Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
    - Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
    - If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
    - Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).

# Admin mode #
    - Unlock partymode.
    - Delete from queue.
    - Re-order queue.
    - Change track instantly.
    - Set/change partymode password.
    - Enable partymode.

# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.

[]Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]

Updated on 2019-10-30

Hi everyone.

As our previous update mentions, when one idea includes (many) smaller parts it is virtually impossible to ever set it to Implemented. One part is implemented, another isn't, what do you do?

For all intents and purposes I'm treating this idea as one simple suggestion:

"Let my fellow party people somehow connect to my session and add their tracks."

This has now been implemented on both iOS and Android in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Sweden.

To that end I've set this to Implemented.

If the original author of this idea, or anyone else for that matter, would like to request additional features, please do a quick search of our Idea Exchange and either vote on an existing idea, or make a new suggestion.

And, please keep in mind to keep suggestions as separate as possible; it'll make it easier for us to update a status in future. (And save all of us from more walls of text :))

Party on!

Comments
Robertbouters
What is all this party mode and queuing talk where it where are these things I don't see them? And does anybody know how to play two playlists at the same time for Godsakeslol lol
Make me select the song I wanna queuing not remove
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-03-14

Hey folks! We've passed this feedback on to the team behind the new Party feature--they're always looking for great inspiration. We're changing this to 'Good Idea' and we'll let you know if we have plans to work on this. Thanks!

hholtung

I was going to add this Idea myself, nice to see that others agree. In addition to only allow queing of songs, the party mode could or  should prevent the same song from being played over and over. E.g. it could set a time limit for at least 30 minutes (could be adjustable) for the same song, or make it impossible to que a song that is already qued. 

pierbiag

Should implement adding tracks to the queue from other devices at the party (provided they know the "party code / password") and a limited number of "tokens" per user so thet any single person cannot have more songs in the queue than the given number of tokens at the same time..

steviez

Im surprised Spotify has been around this long and still doesn't have a valid way to deal with using it at a party.  The idea way is the way all other music players do.  You should be able to somehow log into or request songs.  They can all be voted up or down, causing the songs to move up/down the queue. Only the main player should be able to change the song at will and then again it should have the option to be be password protected to change songs if wanted.

The party mode should be a premium feature on the person who is hosting the party and music.  Anyone requesting songs should not need to be a premium account owner.

danchorley

This NEEDS to be implemented. Probably one of the most essential and gamechanging features I would maximise my usage of as a veteran spotify user.

cfeigal94

Seriously, this has been changed to "good idea" and given to the party mode team. However, it'd be nice if 8 months later any forward progress has been made on it. If they're still pursuing it, etc. This would be a game changing feature and drive more spotify premium sales. 

joranimo86

It would be great if other could log-into ones party mode to add to the queue. Example:

Gary has a party and has Spotify Premium.

His device is logged into Spotify Premium.

His device is connected to the sound system.

Gary's friend Stewart also attends the party.

Stewart also has Spotify Premium.

Stewart brought his phone with Spotify Premium.

Stewart can log into the Gary's Party playlist or queue list.

Stewart can add songs selected from his own device into the queue of the Gary's device connected to the sound system.

Suddenly a few minutes later Stewart's song plays. THE CROWD GOES WILD. This party is now on fire! 🙂

Great feature! 🙂

Cheers.

momtchilov

There used to be a Spotify app like this and I loved the idea. Felt bad when apps were retired for that particular reason. Would be valuable for workplaces where co-workers listen to a single cast and want representation in the music queue. Unlike other many other industries/ products, music is meant to be shared and talked about. It's part of culture. Such a party function would be valuable to the community.