Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Making collaborative playlist private

As the title suggests, can you make a collaborative playlist private? I had one I made between one other person and I assumed we'd be the only ones with access to it, but I awkardly found out that everyone can see the playlist. Why is there no option to make it private between the collaborators?

Updated: 2016-12-07

Hi @12102227245 collaborative playlists are currently private. They won't show up in your Spotify Profile and they can't be marked as "Make Public". The only way other users can find the playlist is if you share the Spotify Playlist Link with them. Let us know if you've got any questions, thanks!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-11-04

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

djrayon

If playlist created as private and then set as collaborative then it will not show as Public playlist in the creators profile. If shared to someone who will collaborate on that playlist, then it will be showd as public on his/her profile. That is not good! This needs to be addressed immediately.

If used in a family, then the playlist creator will not want to share their family music playlist publicly. Music preferences are private.

jakedunc

I second this. We have a collaborative playlist with a bunch of my friends, but because it is public any one of the followers can add and remove our tracks! This is terrible!

Agree ! We need this !
sp_stebok

This is very much needed

rickydraper

Yes, please implement this Spotify! And thanks for this product

jricks92

+1 for this feature as well! It would be nice to have!

janessajames

I need a nice romantic playlist that's just for my boyfriend and I to share songs with each other when we are apart. Like a modern-day mixtape! Please, please, PLEASE make this available soon. I feel awkward sharing this playlist with my ex-boyfriends, parents and the rest of the world.

Platypi

Hey!

I feel like a private collaborative playlist is perfect for couples. My GF and I would also love to share a private playlist. Other than time spent changing shareability programming why would you not have this option? Does it infringe copywrite somehow? From a marketing perspective you could even have launched this as a feature on Valentines Day!

A bit of a missed opportunity in my eyes.

SlayerKnight

Bumping this thread.

I just recently created a Collaborative Playlist, thinking it would be set to private between me and the person I shared it with (I thought that would be obvious, because of the fact that I am sharing it with a specific person and not with everybody for them to see), but it is publicly seen in the person's overview with which I shared the playlist.

I don't really see how that makes any sense...

Please implement this feature!