[All Platforms][Playlists] Nested Playlists

I think it would be very useful to include other playlists in a playlist. The use case would be in the event that I have two (or more) playlists, perhaps a alternative and a pop playlist, then I could create higher level playlists that simply shuffle several playlists. When any of the referenced playlists were altered, these higher level ones would automatically be updated too.

Nested Playlists.png

Updated on 2020-03-02

Hey @ibealer 

Playlist folders are already available in Spotify. In the Desktop app, right click in the playlists area, and you'll find the option to create a playlist folder. Once created, you can drag and drop playlists to the folder for better management.

Hope it helps. 🙂

folders_twitter.png

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-03-02

Hey @ibealer 

Playlist folders are already available in Spotify. In the Desktop app, right click in the playlists area, and you'll find the option to create a playlist folder. Once created, you can drag and drop playlists to the folder for better management.

Hope it helps. 🙂

folders_twitter.png

Gig Goer

But what he's saying here is to combine multiple playlists so you can play them both together. This feature existed years ago, where any playlists you included in a folder - if you selected that folder, you would see all songs in one list that were from all of the playlists inside of that folder. And then you could play them, shuffle, etc. It was very very convenient.

Casual Listener

That was helpful to see that the desktop app has these features, but I primarily use spotify on my phone, where this feature is not available. Will playlist folders eventually be implemented on other platforms?