[All Platforms][Playlists] Skipping songs in a playlist that you are not the creator of

I'd like to have the ability to choose "Do not play" on specific songs. Meaning no matter where those songs come up that music will not play. I've already gave those songs a try and know I do not like it so not sure why I have to keep experiencing it.

Updated on 2020-04-21

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this.
We're marking this idea as implemented!

It's now possible to hide tracks within any playlist on mobile.
Just head to the context menu (three dots), and tap "Hide song". The song will be marked as "Hidden", meaning it'll no longer play in that playlist. This can be undone at any time too.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-04-21

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this.
We're marking this idea as implemented!

It's now possible to hide tracks within any playlist on mobile.
Just head to the context menu (three dots), and tap "Hide song". The song will be marked as "Hidden", meaning it'll no longer play in that playlist. This can be undone at any time too.

Have a lovely day 🙂

zblb
Music Fan

Thanks a ton! Can't wait to try it. However as of right now on my PC and Android(Both updated to the newest versions) I'm not able to see this addition to the context menu. 

zblb
Music Fan

@Katerina

user-removed
Not applicable

Ok I’ll post the same thing here...

MOVE HIDE SONG TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OPTIONS LIST!!!

I rather quickly add the song to playlist or share than hide, I’d think that’s what a majority of users are trying to do when clicking into options.

Since you implemented this change I keep accidentally hiding the song when I want to add to a playlist (exact opposite of what I want to do)

Please move it down the list!!! 

olegsbox
Visitor

@TMusic9 , that's exactly what I'm shouting about too. Spotify team, PLEASE, MOVE THE HIDE OPTION TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST!

So far, I can see it at the very top... 😞

We use Spotify mainly to listen the music, not to hide it. Hide option is well welcomed, but move it to the bottom of the list.

Thanks.

zblb
Music Fan

Personally I'd like it being more easily accessible, I'm constantly exploring playlists created by others in search of new music,  so when I come across something that doesn't appeal to me I can deal with it no matter what I'm doing without too much fuss. I was actually hoping for the same option you get from the "Made for you" and "Song radio" sections where it's upfront on the player where the "play on repeat" button is. The current state of the feature isn't exactly optimal for use while doing anything else that requires more attention. 

@olegsbox

@TMusic9

(I'd also like to add for the mods that this feature isn't presently accessible on the PC client.)

@Katerina

olegsbox
Visitor

@zblb , that's my point: if the Hide option is at the very last position in the menu list, then it will take only 1 finger slide + 1 tap.

Also, this will not interfere with positive options, as Like, Add, Share etc...

At the moment I want to add the song to my play list, and by mistake, I hide it instead... It's EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

zblb
Music Fan

That would be worse though why would you want to make a task that should be one of the easiest to use harder. Playlist management is a hands on task and not something you'd be doing while;e driving down the road or jogging but song hiding is and needs to be up front. If you just took some time and read options before you clicked them you would have no issues

@olegsbox

user-removed
Not applicable

D4EE4A3D-00AD-4E73-9FFB-2BD49E72F9BD.png

7BC2CB34-CFAE-475D-843E-756089DED971.png

It’s clear everyone uses a different action from the . . . option list more than others (add playlist vs hide song).

How about we push Spotify to allow the option list to be a customizable order?! 

This way your bias UI preferences don’t interfere with mine and were pushing for an even better, more customized, tailored music experience 🙂

olegsbox
Visitor

@zblb, by repositioning the Hide option to the very last position, it doesn't make the use of it harder but easier! Just think about it: if you want to Like, Add, Share etc, all this options are grouped together, as a positive willing  for the song. 

But if you want to Hide it, by repositioning the option on the very last position, you just have to slide ones and then tap. Simple!

I'm using this App since the very beginning and I'm driving. I love music SO MUCH, that I can't concentrate learning, talking or driving without my background music. Everybody may tell me that I shouldn't operate the app while driving, but I can't concentrate on driving without it, which is completely opposite to the majority of us when you concentrate better without any noise... Is difficult to explain, but I even sleep better, if I have the music turned on!

So, by having this Hide option at the last position, it will be straight forward to concentrate on the road and adding the song to my favourites, without looking on the screen and mistakenly hide it instead.

Just to make it clear, I learned the App so well, that while I'm driving, I'm fully concentrated on the road, while I add the song to the favourites or like it. My car driving will is full of multimedia buttons which I know them closed eyes, so again, my concentration is FULLY on the road, no exception!

But, since the Hide option was introduced and left on top of the menu, I hide so many songs which I actually like, and I'm very FRUSTRATED!!!

I hope that I didn't reveal to much information and I was correctly understood... I really hope!

Thank you.