Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Switch on/off crossfade in certain playlists

Hello Community!

In Spotify there are some playlists with automatic crossfade. That means there's a smooth transition between songs. However, not everyone likes that, since the next song starts later (from minute 0:45, 0:26, 1:02...). That's why I thought it would be a good idea a to have the ability to switch it on and off depending on what the user prefers.

That way, there wouldn't be any problems with that.

This is an example of one of the playlists:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWZtGWF9Ltb0N?si=anA9lzv8S5akXzC4r5AvBA

In my opinion, it would be a good idea. If you agree, make sure to leave your vote/comment and hopefully they'll consider this idea.

Updated on 2020-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

As mentioned in many of the recent comments here, you can now head to Settings and turn off 'Automix'.
Hopefully this helps!

Comments
poszy6

I cant **bleep**ing belive, that even if i pay for a service, I dont have any control over it! I didnt give them money just for fun! I want some **bleep** for my money.... If you implement a new feature make sure it is optional!

darko17

The auto cross-fade "feature" should not have been implemented in it's current state. As a premium subscriber I sould be able to listen to any playlist however I want.

Tomppa27

Ah god **bleep**, do I need to apply for a job at Spotify myself to fix**bleep**? I like the app and appreciate their experimenting mindset, but sometimes these "features" are just so **bleep** annoying.

jeff_beck

Hahaha, @Tomppa27 , I've actually looked for jobs to see if I can get it fixed.

One thing people might find useful. Auto-crossfade doesn't work through Chromecast! So, I can listen to my favorite playlists with no BS crossfades - it just has to be streamed to speakers through a Chromecast Audio.

Tomppa27

@jeff_beckCool, thanks for the tip :+1: There's a couple other "features" I want to fix as well, so who knows, maybe one day I'll move to Sweden for real and put things in order 😄

SirDivinePotato

Yes please, give us the option. The intro part of many songs is important to the listening experience and this feature is depriving us of that.

tyvahan

Posting another workaround aside from the copying the playlist to make your own version of it:

Adding the playlist to your queue will also disable the autofade. The disadvantage of this method being you can't shuffle it.

Hopefully they give us the option to shut this feature off soon!

sylviarrr

I DESPISE the random jumping through music in these playlists. Especially as many of the playlists afflicted are part of the "Focus" genre-- can you imaging how jarring it is when you're getting in the zone and suddenly instead of fading in and out as this music is DESIGNED to do, the song randomly jumps to an aggressively different sound? I can't understand why anyone would do this and prevent us from turning it off. It sucks. Please give us a way to listen to this music again in the ways we choose to. 

CBEpyon
So is this **bleep** ever going to get fixed or is this one of the many changes
they refuse to revert for some reason ?
Alynne_Ninny

I'm glad to know others find this incredibly disturbing too. 

Specially because one of my favorite playlists EVER (Wich I used to listen on repeat and therefore knew almost every song in it) started doing this Crossfade thing and ruined all those incredible songs... 😞