Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Podcasts in Egypt

Make podcasts available in Egypt.

Updated on 2021-10-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for your effort and engagement in voting to make this happen.

Even though this idea was previously closed, the votes kept coming in and we're now extremely happy to announce that podcasts in Egypt is now available on Spotify.

Thanks to everyone of you for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

We really hope that you'll enjoy our podcast content.

Take care 🙂

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Hossary

I know this idea has been posted before but was closed for multiple reasons, but here is the idea. 

How about bringing Spotify podcasts to Egypt. Maybe Spotify subscriptions in Egypt is not substantial but I think its fair to bring the full service to current subscribers. Also, there is an increased interest in Egypt in regards to Podcasts so I think its a win win. 

Kindly advise if this is a possibility in the near future. 

anas-ben

Clear and simple - your app name is "Spotify New Music and Podcasts", yet I'm not able to listen to the latter on your app. As a premium Spotify user who recently moved to Egypt, I'm getting highly annoyed by not having access to some of my favourite Spotify exclusives.

The same idea was posted last year and there were no Spotify comments on content restrictions. If there are restrictions or other reasons that are out of Spotify's control, please make that clear; if not, then please fix this issue asap.

Jeremy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-10-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for your effort and engagement in voting to make this happen.

Even though this idea was previously closed, the votes kept coming in and we're now extremely happy to announce that podcasts in Egypt is now available on Spotify.

Thanks to everyone of you for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

We really hope that you'll enjoy our podcast content.

Take care 🙂

SallySalama

FINALLY!!!!!

Moudi
It's a day to be remembered, Thank you spotify
Mohamed55

I noticed in this in the app and was SO happy!! 🤩 thanks spotify!!