Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Radio programs in Spotify ( pod cast + music streaming )

Hello Spotify Team, I have thinking how you are missing a very power feature to develop in your streaming platform.

This is the “radio programs for music lovers”, they are usually one-hour session were a presenter ( narrator) talks about a band or a music gender,( history, context, dates, names, etc )  during the program songs from the artist or bands are played.

I think Spotify have the full potential to develop this new product, you have a large base of songs and also you are now a top choice for podcasters, because they receive an income from your platform, so why don’t join then both.

with this product podcaster can add music content inside their podcast, so when they do that, the royalties of the music are paid for Spotify to the music artist, and the podcaster receive the royalties only for the content that he produce but not for the music.

I attach and example picture of how it will be a program with this concept, 4 mini pod cast plus 7 songs, everyone will receive the royalties only for the content that they create, but both can have a benefit from each other when the program is created and user enjoy both.

This is an example how a program work in radio 

https://www.javeriana.edu.co/javerianaestereo/podcast/audio/javeriana-estereo-2016-12-22-79330.mp3

With this product Spotify could gain a new group of costumers, and improve the fidelity to the platform.

example picture 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c9reUPLDqBPdV7byN9aEAAAr9PTK5Ors/view?usp=sharing

I am a master student in communication and media engineering in Germany, perhaps if you have an internship I would love to help to develop a product like that in Spotify. 

Updated on 2020-11-14

Hey there @alekovargas,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Community!

This has already been implemented - you can read more about it here.

Happy listening 🎶

0 Likes
Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-11-14

Hey there @alekovargas,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Community!

This has already been implemented - you can read more about it here.

Happy listening 🎶

alekovargas
Casual Listener

awesome!!

Thanks 

Related Ideas