Announcements

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Synchronize Podcasts between devices

Today I learned from a chat with the support that syncing the podcasts is NOT a thing right now!

Until today I thought that it was just not working but it’s not even implemented. I suggest strongly that this should be a thing.

Syncing progress and staus (not listened - listened) between mobile and desktop devices is crutial fora good podcast experience. Especially for longer podcasts!

I really hope this will be implemented soon.

Updated on 2020-10-07

Hey folks,

We just wanted to provide you with an update on this idea:

We've spoken to the relevant teams and they've confirmed that this feature has already been implemented - this is why we're updating the idea's status to Implemented.

However, it seems that users are still experiencing an issue with the feature. This is an issue which we're aware of and which we've already reported to the right folks.

If you're experiencing the issue as described in this Ongoing Issue thread, make sure to head over there, leave a +VOTE and subscribe to the thread to receive the latest on our progress.

If you're experiencing a different issue to the one in the Ongoing Issue thread linked above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Visitor

This missing feature is so annoying. Please add this feature!

Casual Listener

Moving to Google Music for podcasts because this has been so annoying going between car and computer.

Casual Listener

Spotify cannot seriously expect the podcast section to be widely adopted without this very rudimentary feature. Syncing play positions between devices works in many other podcast players and services. Lacking this ability makes Spotify a worse and less convenient listening experience than many other services.

This really needs to be implemented soon. Listening to podcasts via Spotify has become a daily struggle. According to the forums, this idea has been brought to the staff's attention multiple times and they've chosen to do nothing. Will look for a new app if this continues.

Visitor

I just shared this page with my network so people: 1. Know this missing feature. 2. Vote for it (I hope)

Visitor

The fact that these aren't syncing is mindnumbing obnoxious.

Visitor

This was previously rejected simply because "we don't want to do it".  It seems spotify just turns the blind eye to the same issue over and over again. Examples :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Not-Saving-Podcast-Progress-Across-Devices/i...

and 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Podcasts-Sync-Progress-across-Devices/idi-p/4518790

There are many other threads too, and it's more or less about the same things. 

I for instance want to simply go back to whatever I was listening, but the queue history is messed up as there is no sync. If i try to resume a podcast I have to scroll all the way to the one I was listening to. If after all these year, we still use it and we don't switch platforms that's what we get i guess.

Visitor

Good lord how is this even listed as a "Solution"? This is the most basic of streaming functionalities, show many any other mainstream media streaming solution that doesn't save a bookmark of your position to the SaaS service so you can resume it on another device. Netflix, Plex, etc all do this! 

Come on Spotify engineers stop being lazy and take 4 hours to get this done.