Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify for Audiobooks

It would be awesome if Spotify made a feature for audiobooks for every listening experience for those who like a listening feature for audiobooks

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We're happy to announce that audiobooks are now available in selected markets on web player, mobile, and desktop. You can find more info here.

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen!

Comments
DiscoDanVMI81
Seems that asking Spotify to offer only music will not get that result. However, I'd bet that Spotify could offer a toggle button to allow a subscriber to see only music offerings (or only audio books or Podcasts, or combos). I a way, that's already a feature in that the tabs or oval buttons allow one to focus just on the type selected. Other ideas?

inetbas

I do not believe in all-in-1 apps. There reason of android and iOS  (mobile) apps vs the large pc programs is that they are purpose build.  I believe more in that, then large complex and often sluggish multi purpose apps..  But a toggle button is better then nothing.

AdamLB

I see the service has been introduced but not included in membership.  Appalling!  How is this value?   I can't see people leaving Audible in droves when it is around £30 per audiobook on Spotify + membership!

DiscoDanVMI81
Excellent point regardin price. I suggest that Spotify get free PR and more subscribers by touting a substantial discount on AudioBooks for at least a few months. discounts could be stair stepped to motivate folks. The media MUST be informed of this because most will announce such an extravaganza for no cost (theyneed news items).

merlinbrn

Very important topic for me too. It would make the listing experience so much better if it's separated into music, podcast and audiobooks. Thanks 🙂

MihailY
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We're happy to announce that audiobooks are now available in selected markets on web player, mobile, and desktop. You can find more info here.

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen!

DiscoDanVMI81

I enjoy Spotify. However, it does not show all audiobooks in the search results. I could not see my novel, Ancient of Genes, in a earch results. I checked repeatedly over a two month period this past fall 2022.

Also, there seems no way to specify search result order (alphabetical, by author, # of awards or reviews/ratings, etc.)

Thanks for checking on this.