Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify for Maldives

Hey there,

I’m a user from Maldives who had previously been living in a country where Spotify was available to use with no issues. However, I would like to keep using Spotify in Maldives and like myself, there are many users in Maldives who would like to be given the opportunity to use Spotify as their preferred listening platform, who are willing to pay to subscribe to Spotify Premium and use the service as well. Please make it available for us too! 

Updated on 2021-02-27

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us and for your patience!

We're so pleased to confirm that Spotify is now available in Maldives, as pointed out by @MattSuda you can take a look here for more info.

Enjoy your music!

Comments
ayshlamha

Quick little update: since many Maldivians don’t have access to Spotify and can’t sign up, a lot of people aren’t getting the opportunity to vote on this either. So I ran a poll on my Instagram from which I’ve received 100 responses, which we could’ve done here if everyone that wanted to vote had Spotify accounts. 

I understand that a lot goes into making Spotify available to each region and I, along with so many others, really do hope that we get that same opportunity as well. 

EDCC25A4-979A-4764-8C99-B489D9451732.jpeg

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-12-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. It has been marked as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

HorseOnVenus

As a foreigner with interest in Maldivian culture, I would also like to see more Dhivehin content on Spotify (at the moment, I can only find a handful of albums). Would be nice to find stuff like Boduberu when I search for 'Music of the Maldives' rather than basic billionaire beats. Obviously making Spotify available for the Maldives would be the first step in ensuring that.. ridiculous that this is not already the case!

justacoconut

I'm happy there are many people who feel the same way I do. I will be travelling back home to the Maldives at the end of the month and I was quite sad about losing my favorite way of listening to music and podcasts. Currently most of the people I know in maldives use services like soundcloud which usually have edits of original big label music available or smaller underground content creators. I believe most of these people would buy spotify premium if they had the option to do so and the Maldivian artists on there would be happy to have the chance to share their music on spotify and reach a greater international audience. 

MattSuda

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Maldives

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article:

Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

Elena
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-02-27

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us and for your patience!

We're so pleased to confirm that Spotify is now available in Maldives, as pointed out by @MattSuda you can take a look here for more info.

Enjoy your music!