[All Platforms][Subscription] Bring Spotify Student Premium to Japan (日本に学割半額のPremium)

米国に何年かあるアイデアですけど、Spotifyは大学生・高校生に学割として、Premiumを毎月$4.99で売っている。

日本の出たばっかりのSpotifyですけど、まだ学割はない。Spotify Premiumは米国と同じ毎月999円で、学生は499円台は「まだ」ない。

学生以外の視点から見れば、Spotifyもあれば、多分他国と同じ、違法ダウンロードは減るし、Spotifyも歌手にお金をRoyaltyとして、いくらかくれるはずの社会としての喜び面もある。

なお、他会社の学割と同じように@....ac.jp  の電子メールで12月ごとで確認すれば、プログラミングの仕方も別に無理でもないはず。

他の試案で書きますが、それから、Premiumをコンビニのインターネット決済で出来るようにしたほうが、使用している人数をもっと増やせるはずである。

This idea already exists in the United States, where University and High School students get a 50% off discount on Spotify Premium and pay $4.99/month instead.

Now, Spotify has only launched in Japan, but they do not yet have a plan for the student discount. They did match the US price to make Spotify Premium normal 999 yen, but the 499 yen student price tier (does not yet) exist.

If we look at say a reason from a prespective other than a student, it is for example, good for society. This is because (like shown in other countries with similar music streaming services), when there is a convenient solution to listen to all music, illegal downloads (which are against the law in Japan) will decrease, and Spotify will even pay royalities to record labels and artists! (It is worth noting that students and the younger adults are probably the most responsibile for music piracy throughout the world.)

Further, the verification should be as easy as submitting an academic @...ac.jp e-mail address, perhaps every 12 months as in the US process for verification. I would not expect such an e-mail verification to be difficult. (However, if it proves so, I will gladly apply to be an intern at this company.)

Finally, I will make a seperate proposal for this, but I think in Japan, it is quite beneficial to offer an option to pay at the convenience store with the "Internet Purchase" option. This should increase your outreach and make people feel like it would be worth paying (no need for a credit card, etc) and should increase the company's customer base.

Updated on 2017-05-17

In case you hadn't heard @IceWobs this has been implemented! Let us know if you have any other ideas about Spotify in Japan, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
IceWobs
Casual Listener
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-10-02

Marked as new idea.

KenSup

I think it's really important to promote Spotify more in Japan.

I'm a university student in Japan and I've started to use Spotify since last year.

I really wanna use Spotify Premium, but it's a litte bit expendive for students.

So if you guys provide us "Student Price", Spotify is gonna be the best music service ever in Japan!!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-05-17

In case you hadn't heard @IceWobs this has been implemented! Let us know if you have any other ideas about Spotify in Japan, thanks!