Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Subscription] Share playlist with Spotify Kids

I was very excited to see the new kids app, but was quickly disappointed in how limited the selection was, as well as the inability to create a playlist aside from one set of “favorites”

it would be great if an adult profile on the same family plan could share a playlist with the kids account with any songs from the full catalog that we deem appropriate for our own children. While third party curation is helpful as a default, it would be amazing if we could add select songs to the “ok” list, and sharing specific playlists seems like a fairly straightforward way to implement it.

Our 5 year old has many favorite songs available on “regular” Spotify but not on “kids”. While the new app is very promising, in its current form it’s really not usable for us. 

Updated on 2021-01-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

Along the lines of what you'll find here, this should now be implemented.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

haxl

This would be very cool. Especially as we are missing artists like Kai Lüftner who are producing albums and audio books especially for kids. We now need to use our accounts to play those because the kids cannot find them in their Spotify kids app.

SaskiaCB

Really good idea. I have exactly the same problem. Also the order of e.g. spoken content is sometimes absolutely off, so that the kids can’t listen to it.

Otavio33

Hi @hezorg,

For our information, what is necessary amount of votes required in a new idea to the Spotify Staff look into it?

Thanks!

carterej1989

This is exactly the feature we want/ need for our sons as well. Tons of songs they have come to love and playlists we already created on my Spotify account before the Kids app was created, but much of the music isn't available in the Kids app. 

Blinkeburger

It would be really nice if we could share a song to our kids account through premium. For example, my daughter falls asleep to the same song every night. That ties up my account so I can’t listen to anything else once she is in bed. If the sleep song could play from her account, I could use mine! Thanks for considering! 

Hickory420

+1 for this. I play songs on spotify that aren't available in the kids app. They need the ability to create their own playlist from available content as well. Downloading favourites chews up space on the device. 

jeze

+1. It is way too complicated to share music between family members.

Juliep2

I believe this idea has come to fruition, according to the Spotify Kids app. However, despite trying to follow their instructions, I am unable to share my playlist with my daughter. Has anyone else tried yet?

wpi-nsdt_yesa

I was very surprised that sharing playlists with the kids account was not an out of the box feature. Seems like most people getting the Family plan would be transitioning from a regular account where they already have music that theyve been playing for their kids.