Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Support for Apple Shareplay

I would love to see Spotify adopt support for Apple's new Shareplay feature. Apple Shareplay would allow someone to share music over Facetime. Assuming this is implemented, it would add a whole new level of connectivity to Spotify. 

- SharePlay - Apple Developer

Update

- Shareplay works if you're using iOS 15.1/iPadOS 15.1+ and Spotify app version 8.6.78+ (Support Article: Spotify on SharePlay - Spotify)

- Shareplay has yet to be supported on MacOS. 

Updated on 2022-05-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Spotify is now available on SharePlay. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers!

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-27

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

rckey

@Eni Will you really look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes or will you just re-mark it as a new suggestion like you did in this request to update the Spotify icon to macOS Big Sur's new design guidelines?

MattSuda

I am using the alpha TestFlight version of the Spotify iOS app and SharePlay is already working. So I think it should be supported soon once the version makes it to the App Store for everyone.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-09

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

MattSuda

Good news!

If you're using iOS 15.1 and Spotify app version 8.6.78+ you can now use SharePlay during FaceTime calls. The person you are FaceTiming will also need to be using these new versions as well. It taps into the existing Group Session feature. Was a little glitchy the first time but it should be much smoother the next few times once you accept all of iOS's popups. The music volume lowers as you talk and then rises again when there is no talking. It takes Group Session to the next level because you can talk at the same time the music is playing. Maybe that new album came out and you want to talk about it. This is cool. It starts the Group Session automatically next time someone plays in the Spotify app during the call if you've both set it up previously. And group session automatically ends when call is over.

Support article: https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-on-shareplay/

Note: Spotify Premium subscription is required for all participants

I haven't tested so I am not sure if this works on Mac yet. The API is there to use on Mac but since Group Session isn't supported fully in the desktop app yet, I would assume you can't do SharePlay with Spotify on Mac yet.

IMG_5547.png

Dian
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2022-05-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Spotify is now available on SharePlay. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Cheers!