Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Lulo

Excellent news!!!

I only hope JohnnyP the original poster is still alive to see his suggestion finally implemented.

Thanks.

vaultedskies

"Recent searches" should of course sync as well, but doesn't. I'm the same person, regardless of device! Please!

Farazz99

I love the feature. But it's only available in the mobile app. I'm sure that many people, like myself, must be using the desktop/tablet app while working and would love to have this feature there too across all platforms.

joesanmusic

Add the ability to see the history from any device on all devices, similar to how YouTube history works. 

joesanmusic

As one single history breakdown that is. That way, I can see what I have listened to from any device. 

smash64Pizza

Recently Played is too hard to find, not accurate, isolated by devices, and clears seemingly random periods of time.

Recently Played should should be in the left sidebar, not an entire mess of my playlists instead. The only ways to get there on PC is the Queue icon in the bottom left or through Library where it's not even the default setting and the icons are in the top right, and then it just tracks what you've played on PC, and I deletes when the app is closed many times. My recent history has huge gaps.
On mobile, it's useless because it does the same things as PC when done through the Library method. The ONLY example of how Recently Played should work is on mobile through using the Clock logo in the top right. This is absolutely pathetic, as it would be so easy to merge the recently played regardless of device because it's the SAME account and user. You could also just use the one system that's any good and make the others reflect that.
This is a major problem, and you know that if you know your customers. Especially with Spotify Premium, the design and backend is really disappointing. Probably unsubscribing soon.

RCCRF

My issue is that I have to retell a different device to activate shuffle. So if I'm on my phone listening while I'm outside, I'll have it on shuffle, then go to the computer where I can play it on my kitchen 65in and my living room tv (at the same time) it forgets I have shuffle activated.

fizzyted

I like that I can see this on mobile now, but I use Android and the Windows desktop app. This isn't really "implemented," since I cannot view my mobile history on desktop. Desktop is much more powerful, so this is a problem. For example, I played a bunch of songs on mobile I really liked. I want to make a playlist of just those songs. My only option right now is to manually select each one and add it to a playlist. If I could access my play history on desktop, I could multi-select all the songs and quickly add them to a playlist. I would much prefer that.