Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
23Scott

I just want to download for my offline playlist and that limit is even smaller which is ridiculous!

A5dy

I need more music 

oscarforero

i need can add more tracks to my music, why not ? at less 100000 

jpesina

I am fairly certain I didn't hit my song limit on my device yet I'm forbidden from downloading more anyways... If I'm paying for this service then there shouldn't be a limit. 

billyglynn

Please reconsider this. I've just gotten around to importing my full iTunes library. Now considering going back and dropping Spotify. I'd just convinced my partner to move over too. 😞 

Arkhaine687

I agree, if I'm paying for a service I should not have a 10k song limit. I will be unsubcribing from my premium membership. 

ctoryu

Here's my problem. Finding new music gives me great pleasure. Spotify features like Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and Browse > Discover feed my obsession. Since joining Spotify in January 2015, I have added about 78 unique songs per month to Your Music. To help me identify duplicates, every time I create a "favorite" playlist, I also add the same song to a "dup check" playlist. That means I'm adding each song twice, or about 156 songs per month. So, if the 10,000 song limit includes duplicates, I will run into the limit in only 3 years from now. If the 10,000 song limit counts only unique songs, I have about 8 years to go.

I hope that Spotify increases or eliminates the limit for Premium customers before I hit the ceiling, especially since Spotify discovery features (which I love) are helping me reach the limit sooner.

gchupin
Your Music has a 10k limit, same as any playlist you create on Spotify will have a 10k limit - I think you're good for 8 years by your calculations 🙂 I personally can live with a 10k limit on playlists, but Your Music needs to be unlimited imho
djerniehoule

I have been going through all my CDs and just hit the max that I can save. This is a total dissapointment. I love Spotify and I am a premium user. I am curious I see the 10,000 song limit is this per playlist, or across the board? I am thinking of creating each album as a playlist, and also choosing my favorite tracks and adding them to specific playlists, but if I am going to run into issues I'll be dropping Sprotify..

fwstringer

I had 40,000 tracks on my itunes. I have hit my limit on spotify. I dont understand why it exists? It just a list, I havent got them downloaded, just saving them in one place.

It would be excellent if this was removed. My spotify is no longer unlimited.