Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Ubudeco

The major problem here is that Spotify has put together two issues here: Bookmarks and offline listening and downloading. Personally I do not download for offline use so I was really angry when all my saved songs were deleted. Days later they still do not know why the songs were deleted and why they returned. The deletion utility that comes around and deletes saved songs is majorly out of control and Spotify is clueless. Again punishing people who pay for a service while people who pirate have an easier time obtaining music is completely ridiculous.

mrzackzadek

BIG HE'S!!!  BIG NEW!!!

As of TODAY - Apple quietly raised the limit on your "iCloud music library" from 25,000 tracks to 100,000 tracks (this applies to both Apple Music tracks as well as your own).  This is HUGE for us - you now can have a library that is 10x bigger than Spotify with Apple Music!!

Today is huge guys!!!

So this actually works? If it is true then I would be so glad!

I looked on the internet today before when iOS 9 came out and many people try'd it out but the 25k limit is still there 😞

It was stated very unclearly whenever they would expand the 25k limit to 100k with iOS 9.

rod_law
As much as I dislike Apple I see the sense in hanging on for Android before completely leaping into Google Music. Meanwhile Spotify can drag their heals and concentrate on introducing people to a wealth of new music that people eventually won't be able to save.
Ubudeco

This topic seems dead thanks to the usual brain dead response from customer service, which I believe is completely bots. I just lost 20 albums due to licensing problems. So you never really have music with Spotify the way you do even with Amazon Prime (unlimited). Join me early and often on Twitter @ #SpotifySucks 

GelatsX

I am happy to finally be aware of the Spotify's policy, so thanks to the staff for the response. I had false expectations prior to it.

I'm sorry for those power users who invested so much time and confidence on Spotify, it's a wonderful community despite the terrible customer service. I hope it's just a matter of time until Apple improves its poor service, so I'll give it a try now before my 3-month Spotify trial ends and I'll decide.

Ubudeco

Spotify still sucks. They still have no plans to tell users how many songs they have saved, which should have happened years ago. They still have no explanation for why all my songs were deleted or why they returned, the customer service is the worst in the business , I believe they are all bots.I am hanging on by the Family Plan for a while. Just to see how bad things get.

IanMendes

Honestly, Spotify, this is ridiculous. I'm a very ecletical person and my musical taste is really wide. With this limit of music I can't save much things, it makes the software lose its sense, since I AM PAYING for it.

You guys have already pissed me off when you took off the "local files" search bar.

What's the matter???

EduardJT

I wish Spotify would provide a Lossless Version and Unlimited Tracks, it is ridiculous that we can only have 10.000 tracks! There's people that we have been paying for years the premium cost and it would be nice to get some quality back instead of all those **bleep**ty playlists and curated content, we don't need all that 🙂

turophobe

I'm paying for a music player, not "Catfish: The TV Series."  It's unbelievable the stupid **bleep** they're working on when the core product is in such shambles.