Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
rod_law
Shambles indeed. A service that expects your to commit for the long haul yet but can't see the bigger picture
kidfix2

"The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%" 

How is that an actual response??? How does it "ensure" a great experience for 99% of users? - Having no limit won't effect them in anyway. 

Spotify, you really should take note: Apple and Tidal are your main competition, but other services are upping their game too! You need to concentrate of user experience feedback and actually respond to it rather than focusing on, as mentioned by others, "**bleep**ty playlists". Is all this content you're providing based on customer requests and opinions or just an internal ideas meeting being implented? 

I don't need someone telling me what tracks are great for party hip-hop. I can search out a "best of" album with all of those songs. The new weekly discover playlists show me a load of stuff I already own, so nothing revolutionary!!! Live content? - If I want live, I pay to go to a gig!!!    

Please provide a real technical response as to why you can't up the limit of songs people can save, because I can't see how it would be a negative thing for the 99% who haven't asked for it.  

P.S.  Improve the quality as well, because mp3 really isn't good enough, when lossless is available elsewhere. 

mrbunny

My starred playlist was over 10000 but today spotify have split it in two. Why?

mrbunny

Fixed it for me! Although split in two if you go to starred folder and click on the play button it will play through both playlists!

mrbunny

no sorry if you click random play it will jump from one starred playlist to the other as if one play list. 

Ubudeco

Spotify is not in contol of their deletion utility. After my saved music was completely deleted and then mysteriously returned 6 hours later, Spotify was completely clueless why it happened, even days afterward. We should know how many songs we have saved at any time, so we have some protection from the Monster Deleter. My contention that all Spotify help is bots is proved by the idiotic response we received to this thread. Having an ability to save songs is good for everybody, not making it "Ok" experience for anybody. Spotifys response does not make any sense and proves we are dealing with defective bots.

turophobe

@mrbunny: What do you mean exactly by a "starred folder"?  I still have a large starred playlist.

The large starred playlist is my workaroud to this issue (and the similarly awful "no local files in Your Music" issue).  You can shuffle all the songs in a folder, but there's no unified view to find the song.  So, instead of improving Your Music to have all the functionality of the stars, Spotify is making stars as stupid as Your Music?  

In the face of escalating competition, why do you keep making your product worse?

Ubudeco

This starred folder stuff is a clumsy work around that even the staff has to use. This just shows how satisfied Spotify is to have crappy software, rather than try to fix it. I refuse to be codependent and do monkey motions that should be fixed by Spotify. Remember we are paying for a service and not unpaid quality assurance or debuging.

mrbunny
I agree with everything you say. Just found out that on my android phone the songs in the same folder can be seen as one playlist which gets round the less than 10000 songs issue. I agree that we seem to be finding ways to keep useful features as spotify takes them away! The local files in your songs issue also drags on. Its a good job that the music stays the same! 

mrbunny
I agree its very frustrating.