Help Wizard

Step 1


[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.


Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 


We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.


I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.




Updated on 2020-05-26


Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.


Social media campaigns work, too - that's how we got the favorites list

In Spotify's response/post to them doing that, they did mention that they
would be looking at unlimited play lists, as well, but for the time being it
was still limited to 10,000.



Yes but it’s Spotify so we need to keep them to task at that!

  • Most of the problem still persists with the 10,000 download limit. Not much of a collection if I need to be online to access all my music. You could have 40,000 songs downloaded on the ipod classic (20 year old technology which of course you didn't need the internet for). Lack of an equally convenient competitor for android users really is what's keeping people like me with the service. As soon as one pops up (or apple music fixes it's android app) you can count me out because spotify clearly is not interested in supporting useful features for music enthusiasts, unless it threatens their competitiveness with 90% of their base (screw the other 10%). Spotify may think it's to their advantage to skimp on common sense features (including artist-album-song view duh) but I know quite a few people who refuse to switch to streaming because their collections don't fit onto spotify (among the many collector-unfriendly issues). Mine does for now, but it won't for much longer...

If these streaming companies would cater more to the collector/collection type then they would be much better off as that way a user could make their experience on the service as complicated or as simple as they wished and all users would be respected and hopefully happy.


Hi, I really think there should be no limit of songs at all! I have reached the 'limit' but there is no reason for there to be one since I pay for this service 


I have created a petition to remove the playlist limit, here is the link:


Terrible design choice. They don't understand the cap is really low for power users. Its outrageous that they wait for you to hit the "10,000 Wall" to inform you of the cap. No thank you, I don't need to put up with this. I really regret investing in Spotify in the first place.



I just got the message, and I am at 8129 songs! It is very important to like songs because sometimes you don't like the whole album and you want to remember what songs you liked.
This is very uncool, I have been a paid customer since 2011, I gave you thousands of dollars. Have some respect! I am a music snob and it took me a while to hit the limit wall, I feel bad for people who like songs more often than me.
If I knew of this limit I would have NEVER used this service. It's not enough that you are very limited in many ways compared to iTunes from 2002 that have better and more features than an app in 2020.. shame on you.
I am going to give you two months, then I am taking my business and all of my social networks with me.

this. is. war.


"Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music"
it did not get increased, it is still 10.000!

It says " Implemented" this is literally gaslighting.