Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Kalmora

Scusi. I'm almost reaching the limit. So Spotify is limiting by a random number of 10.000?

Considering the data one playlist entry maight have:

- a uuid

+ plus a duplication of the meta information like title, artist, length, album, ...

I guess one entry maight have up to 512 byte? So Spotify is not able or at least willing to handle a playlist with more than 5 MB?

It's a pitty!

Kalmora

One other thing. This is number nine of the top 10 ideas.

But I guess event almost 9.000 votes like the top one has, is less than 1% of all Spotify users, isn't it?

Buythisrecord

It's total garbage from Spotify about 1 percent of users reaching this limit. They are obviously counting every account when they give us this figure. How many PAYING PREMIUM users reach this limit Spotify? Betting its more like 70 to 80 percent of Premium users who reach this limit. Prove me wrong and show us the statistics for premium users only. You shouldn't even care about your non premium subscribers. It's like caring about the guy who used to listen to all the music in the record store but who never brought anything  😉 

herrkunstler
The metadata for a track will be stored with the track, not in your list.
The list only needs the unique identifiers. So a user's library could
feasibly be 156 Kb.
herrkunstler
To be fair to the free users, they generate add revenue. I imagine it's not
more revenue than paid users generate though. Otherwise they wouldn't offer
a paid version.
terrorfirmasky

I don't understand how changing this would effect the experience of anyone who doesn't need to add that many songs. I understand if there has to be a limit for some concrete reason, but to not have the app notify you that you've reached your limit and to just proceed like it's adding the song when it's really not is infuriating. I didn't notice I had reached my limit and have been adding songs for weeks to a playlist that have been going nowhere. A lot were recommendations and recent discoveries that I didn't write down because I thought I had added it to a playlist already. Now I have to research and try to figure out what all that stuff is. It's very upsetting as a paying customer. 

LeonardT

I don't see how increasing the limit will be affecting the other 99% of the people. It's not like we are taking away their ability to download songs. That seems like a ridiculously stupid excuse. With that being said, you are trying to say that you guys are fine with sacrificing the other 1% PAYING customers? So shall the 1% of people not pay then? 

n-wanner-17

So what about us 1%? We're paying you for a reason. I love Spotify but im not going to go through ALL  my songs to choose which ones I delete so I can download more. This is ridiculous. I've not had Spotify for very long and just when I was starting to enjoy it's benefits I am hit by a roadblock. I have encouraged so many people to check Spotify out because I live in a mountain community that has very poor wireless signal but really enjoys music. The download option is a hit! I even got the family plan for my brothers and parents and they don't even use it because of this. 

okmichel

LMAOO after three years spotify still chooses to ignore this? some clever business going on over there

noidontwantto

I've cancelled my Spotify premium sub and moved to Apple Music. I used an app called "Houdini" to transfer a bunch of playlists over. I am not transferring over my 9,999 song library. 

Apple Music, of course, has a 100k song library limit. 

Thanks for the years of streaming Spotify, but I guess you expect your Top 1% of customers to graduate to higher-tier service, and I've arrived there!