[All Platforms][Your Library] Recently Played Sync

I would like to see the "Recently Played" list sync between devices. Often I will be listening to a playlist and go from one device to another, like on my mobile one evening and then to my laptop at work, or my mobile while walking to work, then my laptop when I arrive. It would be nice for the Recently Played list to show the same playlist as I had started on my mobile and what song I was last playing in that playlist, as if I had just picked up the same device again.

Updated on 2020-02-05

Hey @benjovi0884,

You can already sync what you're listening to across all your devices using the Connect feature - more info on Connect and how it works can be found here.

If you're having trouble using Connect or your think it's not working as expected, make sure to create a thread in the relevant help board here and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Peter
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-02-05

Hey @benjovi0884,

You can already sync what you're listening to across all your devices using the Connect feature - more info on Connect and how it works can be found here.

If you're having trouble using Connect or your think it's not working as expected, make sure to create a thread in the relevant help board here and we'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

benjovi0884
Casual Listener

@Peter, I understand what you were trying to point me to, but I don't think it actually fully covers what I was saying in my idea. In order to see where I was on a playlist, I would have to go to the device previously used, play it to another device (remote), then pick it up listening on that device. So for example, if I were listening on my way into work on my phone, then wanted to switch to my laptop, I would have to pull my phone up, play it on my phone to my laptop, then I could continue controlling it from the laptop. What I was referring to is something that, if I say, in that same scenario, had left my phone in the car, would allow me to open up the Spotify app on my laptop, would show me what I was just listening to on my phone and pick up where I left off. I don't think the Spotify Connect feature would allow me to do that.

trekkoppmus

I agree! It's so annoying when going from phone to computer and vice versa. This functionality will increase the overall user experience and should be implemented asap! 🙂

airmuseum

Yes, this connect solution purposed is nice and all but imagine the simplicity and intuitive nature of having cross platform recently played activity?