[All Platforms][Your Music] Artist Search in My Library

I had an earlier complaint about the new UI of the "Liked Songs" vs. "Artists" where we're no longer able to access our saved songs by Artists as easily as before. I tried using the search feature in the Liked Songs area to simply filter out the artists, but it doesn't automatically go to the next song by that artist or allow for shuffling; it simply returns me to the regular Liked Songs list, unless I've queued up the songs. 

My proposal is that if we keep this new interface, we have it behave in the same way as the old UI where once you search an artist within the Liked Songs search bar, you can shuffle through them or at least listen through to only what was searched for. I hope this makes sense! 

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey there,

thanks for submitting your idea. However, it looks like your idea is already implemented in the app. 

If you're on Premium, you can do this by following the steps below on your device:

• Access your Liked Songs playlist
  • Tap the three dot menu in the top right corner (Android) or pull down (iOS)
  • Select Find in Liked Songs and type the artist's name in the search bar (Android) or enter the artist's name directly in the search + filter bar (iOS)
  • Tap the green Shuffle Play button

There's more info here

Comments

This makes total sense, and I am in complete agreement with you. One of the main ways I use Spotify is by liking songs and then sifting through them by artist via the collection I’ve saved. Not being able to do so completely ruins it for me. I hope that something gives and changes like this are reversed or amended.

Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hey there,

thanks for submitting your idea. However, it looks like your idea is already implemented in the app. 

If you're on Premium, you can do this by following the steps below on your device:

• Access your Liked Songs playlist
  • Tap the three dot menu in the top right corner (Android) or pull down (iOS)
  • Select Find in Liked Songs and type the artist's name in the search bar (Android) or enter the artist's name directly in the search + filter bar (iOS)
  • Tap the green Shuffle Play button

There's more info here