Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Allow Spotify Free on Amazon Echo (Alexa)

Currently you can use Spotify Free on Amazon Fire stick or Google Home but on Amazon Echo you are able to only use it with Premium.

Please, allow it on Amazon Echo, i dont bother about ads and I really want to use Spotify Free with my Echo device

Thank  you.

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hi everyone.
We are pleased to confirm that this has now launched in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. You'll find more info on this here.
If we have any info on this for other markets in the future, we'll come back with an update.

Comments
atsolidum

Disappointed that my household can't use Spotify Free anymore after purchasing our new Echo Dots. Looks like we will be using Pandora for our stations. 

hammerlts

for now use pandora. also use this to convert playlists to pandora for alexa 

https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/spotify-to-pandora

Imashark630

Spotify free en amazon echo ya! 

Spotify free on amazon echo! 

I don't understand why you can use it on Google home but not on echo. When will I get support for Spotify free  

NikkiRoxi

Agreed. I wanted to listen to a song on my Echo but it was only available on Amazon Music Unlimited. So out of curiosity I asked my Google Home Hub and it played the song on Spotify with no issue. Yes I want my Echoes to do things like this. 

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hi everyone.
We are pleased to confirm that this has now launched in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. You'll find more info on this here.
If we have any info on this for other markets in the future, we'll come back with an update.

wpgrailfan

When will this be updated for Canadian users? 

iirigoyen83

Para cuando para todo los países, en este caso España?

Tengo un echo dot que sólo puedo escuchar siendo premium.

Me da lo mismo poder escuchar publicidad?

Para cuando Spotify free en echo dot?

brantome

Hi, this article suggests that the ability to use free Spotify should be available now, if not so, in the Uk and other regions. Is that the case?

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/spotify-free-canada-alexa/