Announcements

[Amazon Echo][Music] Amazon Echo Native Support

This is long overdue and would greatly improve both the Amazon Echo and Spotify in general for me. I believe demand is certainly there for this and would incentivize more people with the Echo to subscribe to Spotify and result in more users. Currently, only basic voice controls when the phone is connected via Bluetooth function. Native support for stations as well as playlists and specific songs would be fantastic.

Updated: 2016-02-10

Spotify Premium subscribers in the U.S. can now enjoy listening to their favorite tunes on Amazon Echo.

Just ask Alexa to play any playlist (Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify), artist (Alexa, play David Bowie on Spotify) genre and more from Spotify’s catalog. And because Echo supports Spotify Connect, you can effortlessly transfer and control your listening experience from the Spotify app to Echo— listen to Spotify through headphones on the walk home, then ask Alexa to play Spotify when you walk in the door to continue listening to your music on Echo.

Simply say it and play it. Read more from Amazon here.

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-01-25

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

I really like Spotify, and really like my Echo. What would be great is if my Echo could play my Spotify directly.

I also have Prime music, but like Spotify better, but am forced to use prime music 😞

Community Legend
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-02-10

Spotify Premium subscribers in the U.S. can now enjoy listening to their favorite tunes on Amazon Echo.

Just ask Alexa to play any playlist (Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify), artist (Alexa, play David Bowie on Spotify) genre and more from Spotify’s catalog. And because Echo supports Spotify Connect, you can effortlessly transfer and control your listening experience from the Spotify app to Echo— listen to Spotify through headphones on the walk home, then ask Alexa to play Spotify when you walk in the door to continue listening to your music on Echo.

Simply say it and play it. Read more from Amazon here.

I'm having no luck adding Echo in the "devices" section of the Spotify app. Also unable to give Echo an order to play my Spotify music, although I have premium and have successfully connected my account...any insights? Thanks.
Spotify Legend

Hey @Willisma

Thanks for your post in the Community. We'd love to help.

So we can take a look at this with you, could you provide us a little more information as to what seems to be the issue? As a quick heads up, we'd recommend that you check out this helpful link - it should help with some basic troubleshooting/set up issues.

Keep us posted. We're here to help 🙂

Hi @Jason much like @Willisma I've connected my Spotify account, via the Amazon Echo app and even removed and readded it several times. However asking Alexa to play spotify results in nothing happening. No feedback at all, just a flashing blue ring and then it goes dark. I'm also unable to connect via spotify connect from my PC, Android phone or iPad to Alexa. I have a Spotify premium account(a family account if that has any impact). 

I've tried restarting all my devices/computers and the Echo. I've also made sure all my devices can talk to each other still(other than the Echo) and that's all working. Seems that the Echo just isn't actually connecting to my account despite repeatedly removing/adding it back via the Echo app.

Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide or steps to try!

Thanks!

Just to reply, it appears that I just needed to give it some time. After about 2 hours I tried again and now it appears to all be working! Fantastic addition to Spotify and the Echo. Thanks!

Is very important,level audio independent for movil in the app spotify!! My movil level audio is excesive,distorsion,is necesary low level,

I seem to be having dificulty with Crossfade/Gapless playback on the Amazon Echo. The songs stop abrubtly before the end of the song. I changed the settings on all my devices to use gapless playback and it works on the devices like phone and laptop but not on the Echo. Any ideas?

Related Ideas