[Amazon Echo][Music] Amazon Echo Native Support

This is long overdue and would greatly improve both the Amazon Echo and Spotify in general for me. I believe demand is certainly there for this and would incentivize more people with the Echo to subscribe to Spotify and result in more users. Currently, only basic voice controls when the phone is connected via Bluetooth function. Native support for stations as well as playlists and specific songs would be fantastic.

Updated: 2016-02-10

Spotify Premium subscribers in the U.S. can now enjoy listening to their favorite tunes on Amazon Echo.

Just ask Alexa to play any playlist (Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify), artist (Alexa, play David Bowie on Spotify) genre and more from Spotify’s catalog. And because Echo supports Spotify Connect, you can effortlessly transfer and control your listening experience from the Spotify app to Echo— listen to Spotify through headphones on the walk home, then ask Alexa to play Spotify when you walk in the door to continue listening to your music on Echo.

Simply say it and play it. Read more from Amazon here.

Comments
Dawson0330

I am having same problem with gapless playback and the echo. Is there a way to fix?

jake_croker361

Would really like this to work on my daily mix playlists 1-6