[Apple TV][Subscription] Switch to Apple Music if no Apple TV app is announced

I’ll be switching from Spotify to Apple Music at the end of the month because there is no way to play Spotify on my home speakers which run through Apple TV.

I suggest you all do the same unless Spotify announces a forthcoming Apple TV app.

Updated on 2019-08-23

Hey!

It's possible to play Spotify music on your Apple TV. Use your mobile device to stream music via Spotify Connect to your Apple TV. You can read here how to play music with Spotify Connect.

Hope it helps!

Comments
Guido
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-08-23

Hey!

It's possible to play Spotify music on your Apple TV. Use your mobile device to stream music via Spotify Connect to your Apple TV. You can read here how to play music with Spotify Connect.

Hope it helps!

George-a
Casual Listener
I’ve done this , but is not a replacement for an app. This is not the way I expect to use a “premium”music service in my home stereo anymore. It’s like if Netflix didn’t have an app and said it was fine, I could just screen cast to Apple TV.

ocodia

I will also be cancelling my subscription because of this issue. I've been a paying customer for almost 8 years. Real shame, but if Spotify don't want to fully-commit to the Apple platform (tvOS and watchOS), I have no choice.