Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto-delete played and/or downloaded podcast episodes

This suggestion has been posted before, but it needs to be suggested again until it is implemented.

There absolutely needs to be an option to delete played episodes from the episode list. Not everyone will use this, but many will, and it's considered basic functionality on other podcast software by now. The same option should exist for downloaded episodes.

If Spotify wants to compete with established podcast software, they need to at least match the basic feature set. This is not a "bells and whistles" kind of feature.

Updated on 2021-12-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us and waiting for the updates on this one.

Happy to let you know that this suggestion is being implemented: rollout in progress 🙂

Cheers!

Comments
danielmcgee

Me to, this option is way overdue, as I'm very excited to see it become a reality as well. Hopefully before Christmas! Fingers Crossed. 

robsavino

I see the status update that rollout is in progress from Dec 2021, but I still do not see this option anywhere today?

burnley

What about the desktop application? I have already solved the problem on my iPhone, but can't figure out any solution on my laptop. Thanks!

Papal98

Still waiting for implementation 

Zabu

How are we halfway through the year and this still isn't implemented,  and it was brought up in 2019?

danielmcgee

I'm curious, which operating system are you not seeing this implemented on?

LarsSaB

Hi,

the iPhone-App from my wife already deletes the once listened episodes but mine still not (which I prefer :-)). However there is no config possible it always deletes... Or does anybody knows where it could be configured?

Cheers

Lars

PS.: iPhone 12 mini 128 GB: auto-delete, iPhone 13 Pro Max 256 GB: no auto-delete

PeposC

Now, please add the option to auto download the latest unplayed episodes automatically!

Samuellis

I still don't see it implemented on the Android app

Besenstü

Would be great