Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[AutoPlay] Option to toggle Autoplay on/off across all devices/platforms

The Autoplay setting isn't working for connected devices and the web player. We need the Autoplay setting to work the same as it does on desktop and when playing on the phone.

Updated on 2023-02-07

Hey folks,

The "Autoplay" setting was recently updated. The single "Autoplay" setting in the desktop and mobile apps will now enable or disable Autoplay across all devices on your account. This change makes it easier to manage instead of there being 2 different settings.

You only need to change the Autoplay setting in one of the apps, either desktop or mobile, and it will apply to your account on all devices including the Web Player and Spotify Connect devices.

You can read the support article for more information about the Autoplay feature.

Comments
dkanhofer

When will the option to turn off autoplay be added to the Roku app?  The autoplay functionality is horrific, and it makes Spotify completely unusable for me.  I don’t need an algorithm to tell me what to do or to interrupt me when I’m listening.  I hope I can start using Spotify again soon.

lenorddan

Users need the ability to decide for themselves how they listen to music. I like to autoplay certain genres of music while I'm working, but when I'm listening to a new album or trying to fall asleep to music I want playback to stop when the album or playlist is finished. Please re-enable this feature ASAP, the user experience has suffered greatly.

Quabescore

Not good enough. Make it opt in. You **bleep**! 

rtg720p

Two months in and still no fix for mobile apps. I've barely been using spotify these last few months because of this issue. Ditching my family plan for another service - what a shame!

purrpants

Spotify on Google home now wakes up our baby with random songs after the lullaby album ends. Argh.

We've tried a bunch of workarounds, like telling Google to do a sleep timer, or turning off autoplay in our account, but the issue keeps rearing its head.

Love Spotify, but we're switching to another music service until this is fixed.

I just cancel my subscription. It will end in a few days when the subscription is due.

I switch to YouTubeMusic a month ago, and I really enjoy it. It have way more musicals possibility than Spotify, and when I'm on my computer, I don't need to download a damn app.

YTMusic all the way !

Forcing your paying costumers to download an app just so they can have the control to switch on / off autoplay is ridiculous when there is a web player they can use.

Forcing autoplay is not only disrespectful to your costumers, but also to every artists that spend times to create an album with songs in a particular order and that should end in a particular way.

Just the fact that the Spotify company is forcing its costumers to download an application on their computer to have acces to the Settings menu prove that Spotify have no respect for artistry, for their paying costumers and for private life.

Guys ! It's 2022 : NOBODY WANT FN MORE APP ON THEIR COMPUTER !

I really hope that there will be a boycotting movement against such a company.

andrastq

On my work computer, I don't want a desktop app to regain this functionality. I just want to be able to turn off autoplay on the web player, no installs necessary.  Thank you.

kajukatie

This is a bug. I have a setting, and you're ignoring it silently. That's indefensible. I don't care how you think "most" users "tend" to listen, I already told you how *I* want to listen, that's the point of the setting. Do not ignore user settings. Fix this, and reevaluate the product culture that led you to this user-hostile decision.

Hopdemon

I thought that the defalut autoplay on, with no possibility of turning it off was a nug, but obviously it is considered a feature. It has to be removed! Especially for connect devices. 

TiredMom

This permanent auto play mode has seriously disrupted our lives. I know that sounds crazy but it has. For our baby to fall asleep we play a playlist of lullabies. He happily drifts off to sleep to Yo Yo Ma. Can you see where this is going? Imagine my horror when a very upbeat lullaby blasts through the speakers and startles him awake. Like many I thought this was a glitch. Day after day this would happen and I would frantically try to reach the phone to stop the music before it auto played. Not the easiest when you are still holding a sleeping baby.  So yes, having to put a baby back to sleep multiple times a day for naps and nighttime is beyond exhausting and makes me want to just buy a CD player. Please fix this asap so I don’t lose my mind!