Announcements

Bring back artist/song info in the title bar (Desktop)

Why would you remove that feature? Now it just says "Spotify Premium". I'd honestly like to hear the logic behind this.

original.png

As mentioned, this feature returned to the Desktop app with the 1.0.5 update.
Thanks for the feedback.

Comments
Roadie

Yeah, just the "Spotify Premium" bugs me. I don't need the app's titlebar to let me know I pay for the thing. Give me useful information.

Community Legend

Hello!

Just to make sure: You mean the little window that pops up when you hover of the app icon in the taskbar of the Windows desktop app?

Gig Goer

This is what I mean:

spotify_title_01.PNG

Community Legend

Marked as new idea and added the image in the description to make it clearer. 😉

Roadie

Just *another* thing that they broke that could have been avoided with decent QA.

Casual Listener

Lol at marking this as a "New Idea"...  Nothing new about it at all, you guys just broke it!   Same problem on the Mac. Removing the artist and track from the title bar also makes it not visible in my Dock when I mouseover the Spotify icon. I don't like the app taking up screen real estate, even if in the background, while I'm at work. So I minimize it to the dock. Before the latest update I could just move mymouse over the Spotify icon on the dock and the current track would pop up when I was curious as to what was playing. Now it just says Spotify.

Roadie

I would like too to remove the Play Icon in Radio Stations. It is in the front of the Album Arts.It can be placed in other place.

I listen to spotify at work and usually play some random radio station to discover new music. I often check the title to see the track name and/or artist. Now it just says "spotify premium" and I have to open spotify to see the artist. Really annoying!

Casual Listener

Another annoyance this change did: I can't tell (without sound) if Spotify is playing or not. I have to either put on my headphones or open Spotify to see if it is playing.

Casual Listener

@Skumberg wrote:

Why would you remove that feature? Now it just says "Spotify Premium". I'd honestly like to hear the logic behind this.

original.png

spotify.png

Having the song title and arist show up on the top of this would be fantastic as well. Can we make that happen at the same time?