[Browse] Arabic Music as Genre

I would love to see current Arabic music playlists or if they already exist, an easier way to find them. For example, in the Top 50 by Country and the Viral 50 by Country there aren't any countries from the Middle East/Arabic speaking world represented. And there's a huge music industry there! Spotify has a ton of Arabic artists already in the library, so it would be nice if there were an easier way to browse.

Updated on 2019-03-05

Hey folks, 

Thanks for voting on this idea. 

In November 2018 Spotify launched across 13 new countries in the Middle East and North Africa and with it 'Arab' became availble under 'Genres & Moods'. 

Happy Listening!

Comments
GOSTA-BERLIN
Music Fan

I agree with this idea! For now, I'm finding my Arabic music from playlists like this:

spotify:user:gd6r3deykn33vsw2beo1d3gzx:playlist:1mhShV3tcXtrm3Amh99WQR

If there was a section in Browse > Genres & Moods for Arabic and Middle Eastern music collections like this one, that'd be brilliant.

keeeeeim
Casual Listener

Thank you! That's very different than what I found so far, which has mostly been either pop or Middle Eastern-inspired instrumental. And I find it hard to know what's actually popular versus outdated/obscure stuff.

GOSTA-BERLIN
Music Fan

Yes I agree, it requires a lot of digging and keywording to source these kind of playlists, currently.

If there was a way for Spotify to create a whole section in that Genres & Moods bit for those countries as a collective, I think people like us would appreciate it.

karam99
Casual Listener

That would be awesome, the only streaming service that is doing this right now apple music, and obviously (anghami), but i guess spotify will not do that until it will be available at least in 1 arabic country

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-30

Marked as new idea.

keeeeeim
Casual Listener

There's a playlist for 90s Arabic Hits! Woo!
Not quite the same as having its own genre or even having an Egypt/Lebanon/Tunisia/Morocco/Jordan/UAE/etc Top 50 playlist, but it's a step in the right direction :D

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2019-03-05

Hey folks, 

In November 2018 Spotify launched across 13 new countries in the Middle East and North Africa and with it 'Arab' became availble under 'Genres & Moods'. 

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DXd43GfSFAeHA

Happy Listening!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2019-03-05

Hey folks, 

Happy Listening!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-03-05

Hey folks, 

Happy Listening!