Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Hide song in Premium

I use a lot the option to Hide a song, let´s say for example I take an album I love 3 songs , I am fine with 5 and I hate 2 of them. With Spotify Free I can just select an album , then play it forever while I am at home for example doing other stuff so it´s background music, once I hide the 2 songs I hate , they will never play ever again. This is not possible with Spotify Premium the option is not available anymore (it is for discovery weekly but not for albums). The icon to hide a song just disappeared when moving to Premium for most of the songs. 

The alternative option to create a playlist makes no sense as the album is already the playlist.  Also I do not want to stop what I am doing while listening to the music at home and go to the computer to click Next... Hope that makes sense to more people, thanks

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 19.42.23.png

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea!
We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.
Thanks.

Comments
klj1122

There's no excuse to still not allow users to ban a song or an artist. This feature used to exist and it's part of the reason I decided to subscribe. Nothing makes me more annoyed than technology moving backward. 

Coincidentally, I just received the notice that my credit card will be expiring next month, and if this isn't rectified, this service is no longer worth me paying for.  I'm not holding my breath, as it seems to have been a years-old issue now. This is like going to a restaurant and being told you're not allowed to ask *not* to have Jim Bob's Special sauce on your sandwich when YOU are the one eating the food and paying for it, and you just don't like Jim Bob's Special Sauce... but obviously, the Jim Bob Sauce Company is paying the restaurant and their money is more important than that of the paying customers. Doesn't sound like good business, does it? And don't come to us with work-arounds like making your own playlists - that's like the restaurant telling me to just scrape the sauce off with a knife. I simply don't want it in the first place. Why is that so hard?

ClaraBess

Please add to Desktop - need to block offensive artists

eviltobz

I want to add yet another voice clamouring for this feature in the desktop app.

As a big Van Halen fan, my playlists have started to get a lot of tracks from an album you recently added that is full of interview snippets. It was cool to listen through once, but I don't want it playing random tracks from it over and over again, right in the middle of a playlist full of awesome 80s rock tunes.

svenb1

Please add to Desktop - need to block some artists

LtRandolph

If you want this on Desktop, here's the latest approved version of that request:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Browse-Hide-album-songs-on-the-desktop-app/idi-p...

To be clear, the fact that this is the way Spotify keeps track of a request for a multiplatform feature ("It's done!" "No it's not" "Make a new request to have us finish doing it") is completely baffling. But this is how to play along.

MRKHAMPA

in my case, I live in mexico and although i grew up california and enjoy the 90 hip hop and rap, I dislike the popular cartel songs that depict drug trafficking and narco violence. I would like a to have a "never play this artist again" option. if there is one.. please send tutorial cause it is not easy to find. 

pojda
It's not easy to find because it doesn't exist on desktop only on
the mobile app.
tschooli

Thanks Spofity for finally implementing this important feature, including the option to ban artists completely.

Finally I can start subscribing to "stock" playlists again even if these particular songs I hate are included.

But we really need this feature on Desktop too! I believe it already works once banned on mobile, but we also need the GUI or it's really confusing.

LtRandolph

Due to the bizarre way they handle feature requests, you need to vote on *this* topic to suggest that they implement this same feature on Desktop:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Browse-Hide-album-songs-on-the-desktop-app/idi-p...

Wowjeff01

THANK YOU SPOTIFY!!!

You finally did it!!! Thank you for making it so I can hide songs from my laptop.  Before I used have keep my iPad close so I could hide a song, if I wanted to.  Most of the time, I just let it go.  Now you fixed the problem. 

If I brought a problem to your attention, I must say THANK YOU for address it.  THANK YOU.

God bless,

wj