Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Hide song in Premium

I use a lot the option to Hide a song, let´s say for example I take an album I love 3 songs , I am fine with 5 and I hate 2 of them. With Spotify Free I can just select an album , then play it forever while I am at home for example doing other stuff so it´s background music, once I hide the 2 songs I hate , they will never play ever again. This is not possible with Spotify Premium the option is not available anymore (it is for discovery weekly but not for albums). The icon to hide a song just disappeared when moving to Premium for most of the songs. 

The alternative option to create a playlist makes no sense as the album is already the playlist.  Also I do not want to stop what I am doing while listening to the music at home and go to the computer to click Next... Hope that makes sense to more people, thanks

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 19.42.23.png

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea!
We're marking this as implemented, as this feature is now available on mobile.

If we have any info regarding this on desktop in the future, we'll head back here with an update.
Thanks.

Comments
Wowjeff01

FINALLY IMPLEMENTED!!!

Kalabrus

Wowjeff01 Really? I still don't have ability to hide songs in the desktop app (both free and premium). Could you take a screenshot of this feature and post here?

dwcapture

Yea, kinda ridiculous. I love Spotify but these reasonable feature requests have been ignored for years. I'm willing to pay if they're willing to deliver.

Setven

Well, I search music not on mobile Items. I edit my playlists on my PC for other times. Therfore I like the New Music Friday, but I "hate" some kind of music mostly by some special artists/bands. And I would like to have some "inverted artist radio" where I can filter all visible songs (now and in the future) by ignoring the ones on my blacklist.

ChicagoMatt

Frankly this whole issue is so stupid. Let me black list the songs I don't like. I'm paying a premium for your damn service and Spotify is just ripping the artists off and won't even honor basic requests from customers. To say this is implemented in the Windows client is utter BS.

lorikelli

How can you say this ideas implemented, it is not!

How dare the free people get to have that option but yet the premium paid people do not bring it back bring it back NOW! 

AlgerLin

This function still not work on Mac also. I'm a premium user, I just wanna listen songs to relax myself. However, some NOICES annoy me, I think those THINGS should not be called as "SONG", and I need to skip that one by one, until I close the Spotify even I almost lost control.

PLEASE let me able to put those bands into the blacklist, I don't wanna hear their songs anymore, they are not my type.

Hypure

After being annoyed by this for months, I've just downloaded Tidal. Immediately noticed a block button in the playback screen which then asks you if you want to block the song or the whole artist.

It's REALLY EASY.

aurolacu2000

Hi guys,

I have been waiting for this feature for a long time. I was happy at first to see that it was marked as "Implemented". But apart from the News suggestion, I could not find an easy way to blacklist artists or tracks from showing in my playlists.
And frankly, Spotify does not do a good job at creating automated playlists for me.

As all of the other people complaining in this thread, I also find it outrageous that a paid service would not allow me to curate my playlists.

@Spotify please do your job if you like to keep your customers.

Thank you

kyeky

It is available on mobile but I want it on the laptop too that I use when working and reading. I cannot even listen to the Daily playlist you make for me since you put in artists I do not listen to (and you should know!) and songs I do not like (and do not listen to either). Make the blacklist seriously available once and for all. It is I think the hundredth time I make this comment.

Kyeky