Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Publish the Spotify Connect API

Spotify should publish the required documentation for implementing Spotify Connect on internet-enabled receivers / speakers. 

Updated on 2019-04-09

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Use of the Spotify Connect Web API is now in beta. You can check out the details here.

You can also find out a lot more about devloping with Spotify at the Spotify for Developers website.

Thanks!

Comments
mblaze
Rorey
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

seansong

+Support+

With open Spotify Connect API, many DIYers (like Arduino community, R-Pi community) could be able to develop products for Spotify.

And start-up companies like Sugr (www.sugrsugr.com) may also quickly integrates Spotify services to its users.

Please work on this effort, Spotify.

bananen
Come on Spotify, give us the specs and we will build great products that drives premium sign-up.
Feday

Registered to say excellent idea, it would be brilliant to have spotify connect as a XBMC feature or addon. All we need is the specs.

cjspencer

This would make my life a lot easier!

For people interested.. theres a fork of forked-daapd which supports multi device output and spotify streaming (although I've not tried it out yet...)

Elija

I am a spotify premium user (check my account to verifiy) and i want to have support for spotify connect with Mopidy. The developers of Mopidy need access to the api to implement this and i need you - the company behind spotify - to publish this api so that i have have reasons to be a satisfied premium user in the future. 

Reason:

I have a wounderfull stereo, which is a lot more expensive than those creepy all-in-one speaker systems offering spotify connect and i want to use MY stereo with a service i pay for every month. This can be done with Mopidy or any other service running on my linux machine if you publish the api to us, your developers and most importantly your paying customers.

Thanks for listening.

Elija

bonomat

It's now more than a year ago that this idea was posted, so come on spotify, any news?

lassegs
It takes so little work to effectively expand your functionality by opening the connect API, letting the community do it's job. Come on Spotify
vikassriv14

Can we get a date on which this api might be published. This was announce way back that they would be publishing this API.