Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Scrobble to Last.fm

Scrobbling to last.fm is a big part of listening to music for some people. 

Spotify Connect should support scrobbling to last.fm (although I am not sure how it could be implemented!). 

Updated on 2018-12-14

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this idea in the Community.

We’re excited to announce that scrobbling with Connect is now implemented. If it's not working, head to the 'Apps' section on your Spotify account overview and disconnect Last.FM. Then head to Last.FM and reconnect to Spotify. This should help 😄

Happy scrobbling!

Comments
arteal

+1 for this. I really miss scrobbling when listening through Gramofon!

Qawa

It seems to me that scrobbling is handled from the client, at least on iOS and on Windows. However, it also seems to me that Spotify also tracks what is being listened to on their systems. They for instance collect this to give you your year in music overview. And i'm also pretty sure that this is also collected for offline played files.

So it would seem that Spotify's backend is much more efficient place to scrobble to last.fm then the client. This would then also work for playing music through Spotify Connect enabled equipment.

I for one would welcome such a feature!

robertswi

Hi there

I have noticed that every time when I listen to Spotify using CONNECT feature whenever I am choosing another device to play on it (in my case my YAMAHA Hi-Fi) scrobbling to LAST.fm stops.

I am using android apk and Spotify desctop beta.

This is very anoying as I am building my library on LAST.fm since year 2007 and I would like to continue that way.

When I was playing it on my laptop with CHEAP speakers connected everything was OK (with exception for the sound quality).

Now I am paying more for subscribtion, I bought expensive Hi-Fi with Spotify Conect feature to enjoy music in better quality and I am loosing my connection I used to have with LAST.fm

I am very disappointed,

Who´s there with me ???

syknyk

Just got my Gramofon in the post and set it up in the living room, however as I've just hit the 100k scrobble club I don't want to lose a whole load of data so I'll probably just let the other half use it until this feature is implemented....

Premium User for 5+ years.

osterberg

I also require this feature. Are there any news about implementation.

Alextricity

Yup.

Pretty disappointed. We get Spotify for PS4, yet we can't Scrobble. Kind of defeats the purpose for me, unfortunately. I was excited at first because Last.FM showed my first song scrobbling, but then I noticed the dreaded note that said you can't scrobble or blahblahblah when using Connect ... really, really lame.

Do what you gotta do, Spotify.

Kittycatfish
Please get spotify connect scrobbling, I want to listen and scrobble while I play on ps4!
fetachin

+1

gd11_be

This is very disapointing. I can now use Spotify connect to play on my hifi ! but it doesn't scrobble? Disapointed  !

mboss

+1