Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Launch Spotify in Romania

I think that given the current alternatives:

- Zonga

- Deezer

- Apple Music (in the not-so-distant future)

Spotify would be wasting a chance to get further into the eastern market if it does not launch in Romania as well. There are already a lot of musicians from Romania on Spotify, which means that securing licensing agreements couldn't have been that hard. Furthermore, following the example of deezer which comes bundled with Orange voice contracts, respectively zonga and vodafone, I think that Spotify could seize this opportunity to secure a deal with Telekom and either bundle their services or just outright open here as well. It makes a lot of sense especially since Spotify opened in Hungary and Bulgaria as well. The expansion would only be natural and it would also further drive down the hated piracy phenomenon in the balkans and eastern europe. In the 21th century on a competing market, spotify's ease of use, multiplatform, streaming quality and array of artists would ensure a switch over from the other services to spotify. I was told by a Spotify support representative, a few months back that it is planned to launch Spotify in Romania as well, however, somehow, those plans changed, and the "official facebook page" was taken down, and now, the official position is that nobody knows when this is happening. I only want to know the truth, and use this service without resorting to all sorts of loopholes to enjoy it. 

I think it's time people in my country are treated the same way others are all over europe. There's bad seeds everywhere, but I don't think everyone has to be held accountable for the actions of the few. If you demand respect, you should show respect.

To people that want to support my idea: Please give it a kudo and make sure to share this with all of your Spotify buddies ! 🙂

Thank you !

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

Spotify is available in Romania for a while now. 🙂

Comments
Zetro

Please Spotify, make IT for Romania . I’m using this program for making Streams on YouTube.

me too... LOL

calin002

UPDATE: Since 12.03.2018 Spotify it's available in Romania. Finally

thedarq

Thanks to everyone that voted. I'm not sure if we made a difference, but we put the blip on Spotify's radar. 🙂 GG guys !

@__spo__: Thanks for listening to us ! Awesome to be back on your platform after a long 4 year hiatus 🙂

flaviudan

Hello, I have an issue trying to activate my premium account. When I input both my credit and debit cards details into the payment page, I receive an error. I disused this problem with the bank, and they told me that their system can not accept 0 value transactions and you should temporary block a minimum value of 1 euro for the auto validation to work. Can you please help me?

Marco
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

Spotify is available in Romania for a while now. 🙂

We live in a EU community and why we (Belgium people) pay double 9,99€ while our Romanian neighbours only pay 4,99€, who come live and work with us in our small country? We are coming overflotted by you people and now we may the price by discrimination. I'm a single dad with a 16 year old daughter and pay 14,99€ to enjoy Spotify?! It's outrageous!

kxsrvp

Sir, I sense you have a problem with romanians, not with Spotify (:

MattSuda

Hey everyone!

Spotify launched in Romania a few years ago, and now the Spotify mobile app and web player have language support for Romanian.

You can read more info in this news article here:

Spotify Is Rolling Out 36 New Languages on Mobile

hans-jürgen

Thanks to @MattSuda for the new link. Also note that the necessary update of the mobile apps and web player might have caused your Spotify scrobbling to Last.fm to fall out of sync which means you have to disconnect and reconnect Spotify scrobbling in your connected Last.fm apps settings, maybe even several times with pauses in-between:

https://www.last.fm/settings/applications