Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country] Sri Lanka

Out of the major competitors, only Apple Music is established in Sri Lanka. There prices are at 3 USD/Month which is e extremely reasonable given that 10USD/month account for roughly 5% of local average salary. 

That being said, it's time for Spotify to enter the market as their presence will truly be effective and popularity is already there for the service to kick off. So at the usual price (10USD/month) or the adjusted pricing, my request is to enter this economy as well. 

PS: Similar post is closed due to lack of engagement  Here I am rekindling the campaign! 

Updated on 2021-02-25

Hey folks!

Thank you for your patience. We're happy to announce that Spotify is now available in Sri Lanka.

Take a look here for more info about the launch.

Happy listening 🙂

Comments
umeda

Please give spotify to Sri lanka. Currently only music streaming service out here is Apple music. It's doing petty good here. But most of us using it coz we don't have any other option. I really love spotify and I know many of my friends too. Spotify is now available in india too so why not here? Please release spotify in Sri Lanka.

arty230

Is Spotify ignoring this? How many years have we been asking for Spotify.

TChanaH

@arty230 This the only way to do it. Keep the request active to show there's interest, and for that we need at least 100 votes/year to keep live.

AFAIK Spotify evaluates local markets before deploying and make sure that they have enough local content. This was the case with India as well, and they made sure the content they had was competitive with the local services in India. I know we don't really have any local services for streaming, but content might be holding Spotify back! 

Shane072

Seriously, after 2years of pleading, but no response at all! Wow.... What do you have to lose by making it available to us Sri Lankans??? Besides there's 22mil people here! Let's beat apple music come on let's goooo!

Udara0072

If Spotify available in India, why not in Sri Lanka? Is there any legal issues? 

IamMune

I just saw a verified profile for "Spotify Sri Lanka" in facebook. Not sure what that means since I don't see any official statement regarding Spotify availability in Sri Lanka.

2020-11-06 at 10.56.14.jpeg

Udara0072
Hi

There is no official statement from Spotify. I even open thread in Twitter
and tag Spotify. Up to date I have not receive any reply from them.
IamMune

Saw some tweets that initial launch on Spotify planned on Jan 2021. Note these are not from any official source.

iam_nalin

@iamMune

hi

actually it was me who posted details. those were confirmed details since i knew some people who had initial discussion sometimes back. they will officially release a  statement by end of November or early December. 

TChanaH

Update: Apparently Spotify is coming to Sri Lanka in early 2021. Update from Nalin Kariyawasan. There is good evidence. So, fingers crossed.