Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Country][Subscription] Add Premium Family for South Africa

Welcome to South Africa, Spotify 🙂 

Your amazing family plan, would be a great + welcome addition here. Being able to easily, and cheaply, sign up my family under 1 account would make billing a breeze.

And shame, my technologically challenged mom and dad (who type in 'google', into their Chrome URL bar so they can search for google, and then google something) wouldn't know where to start in setting up billing and all that... Being able to manage this for them via my account, would be amazing.

Thanks kindly - for your attention to the above, and for coming to SA.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange!
Listening together as a family is about to get even better - Spotify Premium Family is now available in South Africa.

Getting started is easy - just visit spotify.com/family, follow the steps to create your Premium Family account, and invite family members you live with.

Comments
ArchieCPT

This is the only reason I, and seemingly many other South Africans have not yet switched over to your platform. Seems like a no brainer guys!

Please put time into this.

Evilgenius1979

Over a year since this post was started and you **bleep** still have not bought a family plan to South Africa.

I have supported Google Play Music instead, you don't seem to care.

I will not be using your service whatsoever, it makes no sense not to activate this option.

purplePanda316

Hi Spotify,

I am currently paying for 3 plans for my family, I would like to know when this will be looked at. I stopped listening to podcasts so I am now moving my family back to google play music.

It has been well over a year and still waiting on feedback

Br0ll0kS

Subscribed, liked the service, unfortunately no Family option, going back to Deezer....

NakedKing

My Family, IOS and Android users, have been on Apple Music family plan before Spotify came to South Africa. I want to swap over but can't without the family plan option. I've been using premium for over three months and I much prefer it over Apple music especially with Apple music limiting the use of their service (podcasts) to the android users in the family. I love that Spotify just gives everyone everything but hear the cry of the consumer and introduce the Family Plan!

chodeva

I can't believe this is still an outstanding feature for South Africa. Now we have to look elsewhere for a streaming service that has a Family Plan

a_sd-987kv9rm

I would love to switch from Google Music to Spotify however I require a family package.
No family package, no switch.
Come on Spotify you have it in other markets so the platform supports it. Switch it on for us.

CrimsonSage

Agreed, my family is currently sticking to Google Play Music, please Spotify!

Evilgenius1979

Topic was started in March 2018, and still zero response from Spotify. I find it unacceptable that you do not take your customers feedback seriously. There are many posts from many customers requesting this.

mystic1

Already posted here over a year ago but will say it again, my whole Apple Family and I would come over to Spotify IMMEDIATELY once you offer the Family plan.

In the meantime could we at least have an official response from Spotify South Africa on whether you plan on ever offering the family plan here, or how long it still may take?