Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
Shake-a-Hoof

@Jimmylqd @mummybot @gilmores33 @CCRDad @lukebotham1

As stated above artists and moderators have this privilege and some Rock Stars but it is not given immediately when you receive Rock Star status, which also isn't given just for joining programme you must go through the ranks by adding to and helping the Community.

You must earn point's by work in the Community and is available as a prize for accumulating enough point's, if you want to get involved look at the details here Rock Star guide

If you enjoy the post give it Kudos, if I've helped you, accept as a solution, Thanks. 

CCRDad

Thats ridiculous, i don't have to jump through hoops in other services to get that same functionality. This is something that needs to change.

mummybot
I agree. I mean seriously, this is a "carrot" to get people to do free work
for them? Having people be able to curate playlists and become popular
Spotify DJ's might actually drive users to Spotify...
lukebotham1

@mummybot @CCRDad 

The whole idea of the Rock Star program is to give back to the community. If you help people you will get rewarded for your efforts. I'm sure in due course this will be implemented and ready for the public to use. For now, we have to wait. That's just how it is, sorry.

mdewater
Pretty sure everybody's jumping the gun here. Gareth - the one who has the feature - hasn't even said if he is or isn't part of the Rock Star program. Surely if he was he'd know that that's why he had access to that feature?
gareth8

I'm not in the Rock Star program, no. I am Premium, though.

I don't know about mobile; I've got an iPod Touch running version 0.5.10.14.

Can confirm It doesn't allow me to change playlist folder covers.

Lockwood

I hope they still consider it. I've always wanted to add custom covers. Beyond the obvious (inappropriate covers, etc.), I'm not exactly sure how this could be abused? That's the only reason I have to why it's not open to everyone yet.

SubzeroSC

@gareth8 I have the same version and I do not see and Edit details :). Man I love Spotify;s software versions.

willargueta3
Perhaps the customization options is only editable on a computer or tablet. Could be since you can rearrange playlists only on a PC or tablet!
mdewater
The version of Spotify doesn't matter when it comes to newly implemented features. New features are gradually rolled out to certain groups of users, regardless of their software version. Looks like Gareth is lucky enough to be in one of the first groups. But the fact that he's not in the Rock Star program means that it'll eventually get to the rest of us.