Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customization of playlists (cover and description box)

Hello, Spotify Community! 

One of the things I enjoy about Spotify, is that I get to share music I enjoy, with people all around the world. But how great would it be if it was possible to customize your playlists, to make it your very own. And it doesn't necessary need a lot of advanced or fancy stuff, just your picture of choice for the cover (instead of 4 album covers from your tracklist) and a description box, would be enough to make it kind of original (and make it easier for people to know what kind of music the playlist will include/what it's made for etc.). 

Here's an illustration of how I imagine the customization being put to use:

SpotifyDescIMG.jpg

Let me hear what you think of it, and give it some kudos if you feel like doing so. 🙂

Have a good one, 

- JimmyLQD

Other ideas:

Popularity Bar / Measure in Playlist

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Popularity-Bar-Measure-In-Playlist/idi-p/168774

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own playlist cover and description on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
jacques-camille
Voila une idée correspondant à un vieux souhait:pouvoir ajouter la date d'enregistrement du titre,le nom de l'album d'origine,le nom de l'un des accompagnateurs....
saxmaam

In addition to a description for the whole playlist, I'd like to be able to write commentary on an individual tune.  Amazon lists work this way -- the list author can comment on each item in the list.

absentmindful

Playlist description is a must! Tags would be nice too. Likes and dislikes for individual songs in a playlist is genius! Why not go all out and allow for comments tied to the indivudual songs within a playlist? ex. "This is a beautiful song, and I love it, but I'm not sure how it fits with the others." , or "Song X sounds a lot like this one, you might considering adding it."

Anubis

The ability to customize playlists would be great! Adding a description, and better yet, an icon of my choice, would really be nice.

Perhaps limiting the ability to change the icon to playlists with over 50 subscribers? 

I hope they implement this!

Nitrolee

Great idea!  I would love to give some insight as to why I made the playlist or an explanation of what the playlist entails or is used for.  (This is great rock instrumentals...;  Great hard rock songs to start your morning off right.....; etc..)

Laiki

Happy Mondays by Special k

Happy Mondays by Special k

Above are links* to a Spotify playlist that contains a description, albeit in Spanish (?).  Read somewhere in the comments that Spotify allows description fields in playlists for "commercial" accounts...but this creator does not appear to be representing a business entity (other than the use of the trademarked "Special K" logo).

Another interesting thing is that the playlist description is hyperlinked in the Spotify desktop app window, but when I click on it, the link takes me to my Facebook homepage.  Again, no mention of the playlist, Special K, Kellogg's, etc.

Just sayin' — in case anyone is curious enough to investigate.

*one of these links, I just noticed, brings up a standalone tab in my browser — to see the playlist description, I'm thinking you have to be in the Spotify desktop app.

Icodebot

Such an obvious feature that is missing.... There must be some legal or financial reason behind it.

lrs

I want to be able to add a little description to my playlist. I have one that's named Funk! which leads some people that subscribe to think (complain!) that it is pure funk. It never was: they're tracks I find funky - so it spans much more than just funk but also includes some selected electronic dance music. A description would take away a lot of confusion for potential subscribers.

aderm

Spotify please add this to the next update! I like to make playlists for my friends and the addition of a description  box option would be a real milestone in promoting the idea that spotify is very much a shared experience and not just for one's own pleasure!

Cas-per

This would be so good! Got my vote!