Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mixes] Save Daily Mix offline

Anyone else think spotify should make daily mixes offline? I know it uses alot of music but what if it doesn't need to download every song. There should be an option that allows you toggle between saving a mix offline that day. For example if you wanted to toggle it so it downloads, it will download the first 30 songs of the mix. But the only bad thing is that you will need to do it manually everyday.

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hi folks.

You can download Daily Mixes now, so for all intents and purposes that encompasses the core of this idea.

For that reason I've set this to Implemented.

Comments
reborninsilver

I realize that my solution is cumbersome because you would basically have to re-do it every day to have a true "offline" daily mix. 

I know it also takes away the dynamic of a refreshing playlist. Honestly the only reason I bothered looking for a solution is because I backed the Mighty (an offline Spotify player). I was looking for a way to sync the mixes to it offline every morning. 

ConTrick

@reborninsilver

Certainly not criticizing the solution (it was a good find!). I unfortunately couldn't make the same approach work on Android - the option doesn't appear no matter how many refreshes you do.

If Spotify could make a proper feature of this, however, I think it would be super popular. It would save many people a lot of time/data and make Daily Mix itself a more attractive feature.

reborninsilver

I wasn't aware that it's not available on Android. That's frustrating, but not surprising. They definitely need to come up with a solution. I've been using Spotify on mobile for about 6 years. They've made a lot of good changes to the app, so hopefully they're taking it into consideration.

sarahxbutler

I have learned Apple users have the option to download their daily mixes and make it their own playlist on their library. When will this be available to android users?  

AmbsG

I think a temporary download would be super so you only have to save it for x hours and then it's removed unless you say so. I like one of them as it wakes me up when I'm on the tube but when I lose signal I can't listen! Let's get this idea support!

MetalheD

I'd love to be able to download my daily mix as they actually have my tastes down to T. Or, I'd like these mixes available for purchase?

emanuel_mg77

La verdad que sería buenísimo poder descargar Daily mix,no completa,pero elegir cuántas canciones descargar...espero se logre!!

*Still waiting for this

lordahr

I agree. It needs to be downloadable. Mainly because there is a download limit of 3333 songs. Grllll

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2017-06-15

Hey @Jordys13 thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Community! We're marking this as a Good Idea because, yes, we would like to have Daily Mix available offline in some way. However we don't have plans for this in our current pipeline, and we don't know if or when we'll be working on it. We want to be fully transparent about this, but we love the idea. Please continue to leave your votes and feedback here and I'll continue to pass it on to the Radio teams. Thanks!