Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mixes] Undo Dislikes in Daily Mix

I accidentally clicked the circle with a line through it icon and a song that I enjoy has been removed from my playlist.

The first time I hit the button, I wasnt sure what the message said. So I tried clicking it again so that the notification would reappear and I noticed that yet another good song was removed from the playlist. Then, I clicked the banner at the bottom of the screen, and now the artist is completely removed.

I think there should be an option to reset the "banned" songs and artists in the daily mix. Or even an notification should display the first time the button is pressed (for new users) to state what the button does and ask "are you sure?".

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

There's now an undo popup when you click dislike on a song on Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix.

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 13.54.18.png

Once you've clicked it, you'll get a message confirming that you've undone the dislike -

Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 13.54.21.png

This happens on both Desktop and Mobile.

Comments
petero3

I would be happy with an option to just clear all previous blocks if it's too hard to give an artist-by-artist option.

Schmarvin

STILL NOT RESOLVED!!!

Where is a list of songs that I've blocked so that I can UNDO PAST mistakenly unliked songs or artists?

The list exists, from a programming perspective, display the list and allow me to remove the unlike flag.

This request is almost 2 1/2 years old. The recent popup will help avoid this mistake in the future, but doesn't help for the past. 

gschiok

Whilst I applaud the fact that something has finally been done about accidental blocking artists, let's take a moment and remember when this "feature" was originally requested. 

Yes, that's 3.5 years ago!! And you still haven't provided a way for us to unblock artists that have been blocked during that 3.5 year period

Well done, Spotify, well done  *slow, unimpressed clap* 

spotify.PNG

petero3

This issue is definitely not resolved for past blockings. And the option to block songs/artists from Daily Mix seems to have completely disappeared from teh Mac Desktop application.

reneeeee

The artist i originally accidentally blocked has appeared back in my Daily Mixes. Not sure what i did to deserve this though, wish i could provide some inisght. 

lolo318

Today I mistakenly dislike a song and I was looking for a way to undo that. Found this old thread still resolved, that's disapointing.

Is this so hard to expose to the user the list of artist/song he marked as dislike ?

Blabber-mouse

So I never even got to press the UNDO button, because the bluebox disappeared to fast?! Any Ideas?!

ensky

Holy Effin guacamole! I can’t believe it’s been years and this still hasn’t been solved yet! For the love of god people do make mistakes and can accidentally press that Effin block button without realizing what’s that for. 

Today there were two good songs that were played in my suggested songs and because there’s still no option to see the recent blocked songs then I have no way of finding out the name of those songs!!! Gosh, this so freakin frustrating! I was gonna save them in my playlist and I got that Effin button. Spotify, is this really a hard thing to do? So many replies and you can’t seem to make this option available?? Why o why?

kiaratuni

Hi, I disliked a song by mistake, I'm using the iPhone app but there was NOT an undo button, I wish at least I could access to the disliked list or "playlist" to check all those songs that were disliked by mistake.

Thanks in advance, and I'm crossing my fingers for this message to be readen.

jpyke

An undo feature is like a bandaid on a severed limb. The problem here isn't that many of us accidentally banned an artist AFTER you implemented that feature. Sure...it's great if it happens again in the future. But there's no way to go back two years ago when I accidentally banned a favorite artist and undo that. Spotify needs to really step up their game in terms of giving users the ability to fix their own mistakes. Why can't I review what songs/bands I've banned and unban them?