Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back Lyrics

Allow me to re-edit again, in premise, that thanks to all of you this idea keeps receiving votes, and I am grateful to each of you, and when I expressed this desire as an idea I was a newbie, I owe to the professionality of Marco and Toku, whom I thank again, that I became aware that this idea it’s by no means new, nor even mine but Spotify’s, yet it is properly expressed, and it is shared by enough Community members for it to be still alive, and I agree with Arcanscape that, "We really need the lyrics feature", and I just notice an excellent temporary alternative of “SpotifyLyrics” kindly programmed and provided by Mirth (fr31): https://github.com/fr31/spotifylyrics/releases (via scoobyTdog), it works very well on my Pc 🙂 and I invite you all to try it.

Whilst singing might be fun, I have another approach to lyrics and sound, which is of course not mutually exclusive, and I read the words to see if I like them as I enjoy the melody, if I see myself in the lyrics, if I share the values expressed, and this is easier by having the words at hand.

So please Spotify bring back the Lyrics Feature most elegantly -- as you did with restyling the Community -- when you find a better Lyrics Provider.

Reading and listening might be even better than karaoke, although not as fun 😉

and every member could always do both, even just singing, as a very close person in my family does, and many other people do.

Thank you for evaluating, with my warmest and most sincere Regards.

Marco, a poet at heart

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
gd31
That’s because they suuuuuuck! They have a great platform but they’re
really bad at communicating they’re intentions on this matter. It’s been
5+ years since the matter has been initiated. So they really
nishzy

where are my lyrics??????

Scrupulous

They're working on it. Should be any decade now.

ArdentlyCore

Bring back lyrics!

PaulMac

The lastest update, over a year ago stated

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

While it's great to hear our feedback is reaching the right teams what we're actually interested in is whether anything is actually being done to bring back lyrics? I mean you can shift feedback around the internal teams all you want but at some stage somebody needs to do something.. 

EvanN1

They're probably going to roll this feature out soon. Last week they has rolled it out in Italy. I saw many italian tweets. Sadly, they have the Lyrics ("TESTI" in italian) tab, but there appears a notify that "Couldn't load the lyrics for this song", so it's still like nothing new. They should test it in all countries at once. WHY ARE YOU GIVING THE BEST FEATURES FOR SO LITTLE PEOPLE TO ENJOY? USA, ASIAN COUNTRIES AND ITALY ARE NOT THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

EvanN1

Finally some good news "L Y R I C S  A R E  C O M I N G". I think it's because I was complaining a lot about it haha

https://twitter.com/Spotify/status/1460987858739548161?s=20

vertigo98

Holy sh*t, it's happening! I hope they roll it out everywhere today. Not selected regions and not "coming" like HiFi.

DiPGames

IMG_20211117_165016.jpg

 They are adding them globally. I asked Spotify Cares about lyrics in Poland and this is the response I got.

vertigo98

Official Announcement: http://pr-newsroom-wp.appspot.com/2021-11-18/you-can-now-find-the-lyrics-to-your-favorite-songs-in-s... 

Rolling out today, globally to all users. Thanks to everyone who complained and made this happen 😍.

Now let’s get into adding an option to remove podcasts, true shuffle & 2FA.