Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop: Bring back 'Undo' functionality (Ctrl/Cmd + Z)

On new version 1.0.1.1060 the ctrl+z action when accidentally deleted a song from a playlist stopped working. It was usefull as sometimes I delete the marked song instead of the one that is playing and I don't even know what song I got rid of 😕

Thank you.

2015-06-01

Hey everyone! This feature returned with out 1.0.6 Desktop update. If you have any feedback please let us know, thanks!

Comments
Richeeh

Yeah, i've got the same problem. Deleted it by accident and didn't know which song it was. I think the new update is a step backwards for spotify, I miss a lot of features.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Amoebaz

Thank you Marco.

AndrewF329

I agree, I accidently deleted a song because "backspace" is now bound to delete a song and I was trying to search which isnt even possible anymore... I have no idea what song I deleted and theres no way to undo the delete either. And to think I used to love Spotify.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, this idea is getting the 'good idea, give it some kudos' status today. As always we will keep you updated here if we have any updates around this request. 

maxjam

Cmd/Ctrl+Z is a basic concept of interaction in nearly every single application on every system since the early – what – 90s? 80s?

The fact Spotify removed it (and not only that) with the notorious client update 1.0.1.1060 doesn’t make any sense to most people, and haven’t been explained – to my knowledge – by Spotify anywhere…

It is so impudent to put the users into the position of a petitioner: for example this thread: it took over a month and 110+ kudos to make it a »good idea«, although it is no »new idea«, but just a missing basic concept of interaction that was there always, and that was just removed.

This is what you call a bug, not a new idea, Spotify.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

2015-06-01

Hey everyone! This feature returned with out 1.0.6 Desktop update. If you have any feedback please let us know, thanks!

shaunandfred

This feature doesn't seem to work on 1.0.15.133.gf21970bd. Removing songs from library followed by a ctrl+z has no effect and there doesn't seem to be a log anywhere that shows songs added or removed. Halp.

getembees

The "undo" ctrl-z feature does not work on version 1.0.20.101ge6957e14 as of January 22nd, 2016.

As mentioned by uper "MaxJam" this is a basic feature of all Windows 3.1 programs circa 1991.

I keep losing songs that I AM LEGALLY PURCHASING...meanwhile bittorrent just chilling in my recycling bin - Spotify is inviting piracy by maintaining a bugged piece of software. Torrented music doesn't dissapear suddenly due to bad UI-design.

Maybe im an idiot? Is your "undo" ctrl-z command working? Is your "delete" button 10 MILLIMETERS from your "play" button on all songs in a list?

Busy counting cash lines can't count code lines! This thread is old.