Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Bring back search inside Playlists & Songs tab

Before last update it was possible to hit CTRL / CMD +F and search for single song in playlists (folders) and the songs tab.
It is quite annoying to searching for one song among all playlist. Please bring it back.

Updated: 2015-08-05

2015-08-05

Hey folks, you can now use the filter function in the Songs and Playlists tabs of Your Music. 

Comments
mvpocket

WTH! I (we) can't believe you removed this (necessary) filter feature. Especially when you're paying every month!!! I chose (to pay!) Spotify for a set of features, but if these features disappear, making the usability unpleasant, then there's no point in continuing to use (and pay!!!) the service! Can't believe it.

And also, it doesn't make sense to remove old features. Please bring it back.

pyramus

@Hab1tz and everyone else that would prefer to downgrade until this mess is sorted... I just found a guide on Wired on how to do that:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/12/how-to-downgrade-spotify

Although there seems to be a whole bunch of us that don't like the latest version, Spotify doesn't like to make it too easy for us.

So you will have to find your old installer yourself. But something like Filehorse could be of help 🙂

Okay... and now I'm gonna find that special celebration track in my OneMillionSongs playlist 😉

Good luck!

talkingmonkey

@pyramus 

Dude thank you so much, really appreciate it! 😃

da_postma

So I believe the search option will be enhanced/improved. But why remove searching with cmd/ctrl-F altogether before implementing the new (improved) search option?

I might go back to an old version aswell, especially if this will take a long time.

Rejjn

Thanks @pyramus! Back on the old version again.

Have over the last week realised that, after playing songs and the playlists in general, filtering is my most used function. I use (or used to, with the new version) filtering 10-20x more often the "spotify search".

KahviaAamulla

This is really bad. From all the things you've done, this is jost plain bad.

Your service is mostly unusable at this point.

castroksu

I've already contacted them via Facebook and Twitter. It is unberable to search my 3,000+ playlist for a specific song/artist.

Also...has anyone else noticed that when you click on the album artwork to the bottom left, it used to link you to the location within the playlist. That is also gone :(. That was great for getting me to a specific location where I would have the album saved.

Makes workflow unberable. I purposely have not updated my desktop version at work because I use Spotify 5-8 hours a day at work.

leitmotiv

I am with castroksu on this. Have also noticed you can't go to the location on the playlist. I also spend like 8+ hours using Spotify and all these were core to my workflow. As it is at the moment, is unbearable to use. 

cloudsmaker

anyone knows when the update with this will be available? I really don't know if I should wait or just downgrade.

omargpg1

BRING BACK THE SEARCH OPTION AND NOTIFICATIONS ON NEW SONGS!

NOT USER FRIENDLY VERSION!

PAST VERSIONS WERE MUCH BETTER