Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Let us choose to pin (or don't) the song details on fullscreen mode

It's came to my attention that over the weekend a new change got added to the fullscreen mode on the desktop app that now makes that album art, song name and artist name fade away (plus finally adding a volume control on full screen - which is great by the way).

This change pretty much breaks the usability of full screen for me now as Full Screen mode was a way for everyone in the office able to see what song is currently playing, but now we just get a darkened artist image at best, at worst it's just a grey gradient background for those songs by artists without images.

This makes the whole experience pretty awful in my opinion. At the very least there should be a way to pin that information at all times for those of us that like to be able to see that information at a glance.

Updated on 2021-11-15

Hey folks,

One more thanks for supporting this Idea.

We're happy to confirm this functionality has now returned!

If you'd like to know more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, take a look here.

To report any issues with Spotify, head over here and select the right category.

Cheers!

Comments
saucyg

good lord every update spotify pushes is completely unnecessary and makes me just want to move to apple music. this will probably get removed by some wetty spotify moderator so whats the point anyway

Jobeau

Another point to add as a hint that this is a bug. The album info and controls disappear after a few seconds, but the mouse cursor stays on all the time.

So we now have a full screen mode that does not display any useful information, doesn't show the Spotify branding, and only shows a blurred artist image and a mouse cursor. This can't be intentional. Please fix this ASAP. 

Oen44

Suggestion has over 50 votes now so it should be marked as "Good Suggestion".

MrScottyTay

Guess that's not an automatic process, strange.

xdrewfacex

My ideal full screen now playing setup would be as follows:

ALWAYS SHOW

• Album art - the larger size currently used when there is no background image available
  • Artist name
  • Song title
  • Album title
  • Background image - artist banner image when available (current implementation), album art if no banner image

HIDE ON INACTIVITY

• Spotify branding
  • Playlist name
  • Playback controls
  • Volume control
  • Song progress bar
  • Mouse cursor

POTENTIAL ENHANCEMENTS

• Allow artists to upload multiple background images that cycle during playback (fade transition every 10 seconds or so)
  • Keep the "Up Next" pop-up at the end of a song, but have it animate during the song transition ("Up Next" album art could slide from the pop-up to the now playing album art location while the background image fades into the new artist)
Swanny

Added my vote for the idea. I love the new full screen interface on desktop so much compared to the old plain desktop one, but the auto-hiding of the track now playing info is a definite letdown compared to what you get on other TV interfaces.

Daftjoe

The response from Spotty is ludicrous, they think its a New Idea, but its been working great most of this year, but someone has changed it and messed it up.. 

h4t3br33d

Issue still persisting in:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.68.628.geb44bd66

Whats going on here, casting this to my TV was essential to mood at my housepartys.

jorguieta

Far over the 100 votes! Please take care of this issue.

Crazychemist

You know what's sad? That we have to VOTE to have this back. We have to reach the amount of votes they want after making such a terrible decision. Incredible.