Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Return the option to hide media keys overlay

There have been a convenient setting in the previous version of the desktop app which allowed to hide overlay while using media keys. But, for some reason, it was removed in the latest version of the app (using 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60-a currently). I sincerely cannot understand the reason of removing this option, so I suggest returning it to the latest desktop app.

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

We just wanted to provide you with an update on this idea:

We've spoken to the relevant teams and they've confirmed that this feature has already been implemented - this is why we're updating the idea's status to Implemented.

However, it seems that users are still experiencing an issue with the feature. This is an issue which we're aware of and which we've already reported to the right folks.

If you're experiencing the issue as described in this Ongoing Issue thread, make sure to head over there, leave a +VOTE and subscribe to the thread to receive the latest on our progress.

If you're experiencing a different issue to the one in the Ongoing Issue thread linked above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

Comments
MStachowicz

Hey @SpotMike1 are you sure you are on the new desktop app? Mine is still missing the option. What is your version/build number?

SpotMike1
Version is 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a

I noticed an update available today in the Windows desktop app.
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-28

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

SpotMike1
This was resolved in a recent release. You can mark this as resolved.
Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

We just wanted to provide you with an update on this idea:

We've spoken to the relevant teams and they've confirmed that this feature has already been implemented - this is why we're updating the idea's status to Implemented.

However, it seems that users are still experiencing an issue with the feature. This is an issue which we're aware of and which we've already reported to the right folks.

If you're experiencing the issue as described in this Ongoing Issue thread, make sure to head over there, leave a +VOTE and subscribe to the thread to receive the latest on our progress.

If you're experiencing a different issue to the one in the Ongoing Issue thread linked above, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

modiX91

But it does not solve the issue with Bluetooth devices stopping all audio sources. Previously, this feature disabled the hardware media key handling which was a blessing for those devices. Idk how this feature is already implemented, the option is absent and there is no other way to disable hardware media key handling. 

Context: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/389988/play-and-pause-dont-work-properly-with-bluetooth-he...

Other apps allow to disable this, Spotify don't. So, if I run YouTube and Spotify at the same time and pause Spotify, YouTube will mute. Please help.

Related: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/How-to-disable-Hardware-Media-Key/

modiX91

Spotify doesn't*