[Desktop] Playlists Difficult To See

With a recent update, the Home / Browse / Radio options are locked at the top of the sidebar. Which means, if you're streaming, the album art can take up nearly half of the sidebar and the static options at the top take up another significant portion, leaving the actual playlists difficult to scroll through. 

(And, I've found, scrolling by gesture or mouse wheel will often result in scrolling past some of the playlists in the small window where they can be displayed. So if I have Playlist 1, 2, 3, 4, when I scroll down, the next displayed would be 6, 7, 8, 9.) 

This problem could be reduced in intensity if I shrank the album art size, but why should I have to? If I wanted to click on Home / Browse / Radio, I can scroll up to the top. That's not difficult (and if Spotify is worried about ease of access, throw the three of those links at the top of the window). What is difficult is finding my playlists in the tiny amount of space available. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 9.42.14 AM.png

Updated on 2019-08-10

Hey!

You can shrink the Album art by dragging the side bar to the left. Alternatively you can minimize the Album art so it's small and takes up as least space as possible.

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
kcashinb

I've had this problem for what feels like awhile now. I'm eagerly waiting for a fix. Dragging songs to playlists no longer works because of the small window (it feels like you have to delicately balance the song when dragging and hope it plops in the right one). Moreover, it's just bizarre to have to view the sidebar stuff through such a small frame. I try not to complain but I definitely felt blindsided by this, and now I have no idea if this will ever be repaired. 

On a similar note, I just noticed this morning that you can no longer maximize album art when listening. Like, the max size is now quite small. The sidebar on Spotify desktop (OS X) is a bit of a mess right now :(

Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-08-10

Hey!

You can shrink the Album art by dragging the side bar to the left. Alternatively you can minimize the Album art so it's small and takes up as least space as possible.

kcashinb

In response to the solution of shrinking or minimizing the album art -- what if we want to view large album art? Personally this is important to me and I imagine many listeners would enjoy adequate display of album art. Prior to the update, Spotify Desktop supported both the function of maximized album art + unhindered sidebar scrolling. It's the recent implementation of the 'sticky' Home / Browse / Radio tabs which prevent optimal functionality of the more densely arranged Your Library / Playlists. Moreover, shrinking the size of the album art actually just squishes the sidebar even more. Minimizing technically is a solution, but again, why should one have to shelve the album art just to access this simple sidebar?