Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Please bring back the Hide this Song Option and I dont like this song/ artist

Please bring back the "I don't like this song/hide this song" that was next to the heart sign cause it was very convenient and easier to control the likes or don't of your recommendations and control the playlist from all my devices available instead of going to queue every time to remove it temporary. Also the I don't like this artist/song that was available on the release radar playlist. Thank You . Update: Spotify brought it back on version (1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a) so does listen! Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-22

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community!

We're pleased to confirm that the dislike button should be available again for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists.

Happy listening 🙂

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-11-24

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

First of all, just would like to let you know we are currently gathering feedback for the new desktop experience here in this threadSome improvements have been taken in the upcoming update that will be released on November 30th. More information about this future update can be found in the thread mentioned above. 

We've marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Thank you for your suggestion and your patience. 🙂💚

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

alexspaceman

i cant use the dislike button.  so discover weekly is useless now.  i also am having a hard time getting this website to recognize that im logged in

JLnotbot01

I'm sufficiently enraged to submit a comment here, and go through all the steps in order to do so.

Who was the genius who decided to remove the ability to dislike/remove a recommended song? I couldn't find this ability on mobile, and now see that it's been removed from desktop as well.

Don't you want your algorithms to be better? How is this possible if you're forcing people to listen to songs they disdain? Or are you basing the algorithms on songs that are quickly skipped, or the impact with which one slams the keyboard in utter incredulity? Please fix this immediately.

FlipTheBunk

The reason I like Spotify is because of the music discovery. I'm a subscriber mostly because of this feature but with the phasing out of this feature from desktop I'm questioning my decision to support a company that removes a feature with seemingly no input from real customers.

For me, and I'm sure others, the dislike feature is a great way to tailor recommendations. There have been times I've been recommended electronica remixes of songs that I do not like at all. There have been time I'm recommended songs and artists I do not like at all because of a couple of songs I may have played on a whim.

There is no good reason to remove this feature. No one asked for it removed. The 'hide' feature is not available on desktop and does not give the option to not have the artist appear again in discover weekly!

This all feels like a way for Spotify to get more $$$ by recommending tracks from promoting songs from certain record labels / companies.

ckmaier

This feature also allows users to avoid accidentally encountering music they associate with difficult memories or experiences (e.g.,  music that has strong and personal associations with the death of a loved one or a break-up, etc. etc.)

Update: Just noticed that Spotify brought back the block sign in Release radar and on the Discover weekly but only on the web version. Hope it stays and bring it to the Desktop permanently!

mlidbo

This is really a must have feature for any music streaming service. How in the world does Spotify think they could possibly curate music for us if we have no way to tell them what we don't like?

Also, for many people hearing the wrong song brings up nasty memories that may even be of outright trauma. This is more common than people would like to believe. Imagine having the song you heard while being victimized played back again and again against your wish.  That's no minor annoyance by any means.

This feature needs to be there. Please make sure that it is Spotify. 

FlipTheBunk

@mlidbo I haven't had that problem but I mostly use Desktop on Windows. Just checking now on Windows and Android, latest versions, all my likes appear to link back to the song and album that I liked the song from. This may just be a bug for specific releases or platforms.

I may be confused by the wording in your post unless you mean duplicates being different versions from different albums / singles. In that case I think you're fighting an uphill battle, even with crowdsourcing, that introduces a significant amount of database work and review from employees. Each release will have a different date and UPC. I also wonder if Spotify tends to play certain versions over others because of the royalty splits, I wonder if Spotify gets kickbacks for playing versions that generate more revenue for labels.

I understand your frustration but please don't hijack this thread. The dislike artist feature would still work and the dislike song feature worked in the past. Adding back dislike instead of hide should be much easier to implement and having it exist flawed is better than not having the feature at all.

mlidbo

[Edited]

As an addition to unconditionally supporting this feature being immediately  brought back in the form it was I'd like to add something else.

Namely that for this to really work reliably, Spotify has to solve the problem with the countless duplicates of a song that Spotify fails to understand and treat as duplicates. Without this solved this feature will become a bit like whack-a-mole as duplicates of the song turns up and have to be disliked as well. This might be part of the reason why Spotify is so reluctant to keep this feature. There is a suggestion for how to fix the duplicate problem here: [All Platforms][Your Library] Crowdsource the duplicate album and song problem

Again. I absolutely and unreservedly support adding this feature back in the state it was right now. In no way is this comment meant to imply otherwise. 

mlidbo

Yes! Please please do this spotify. And make it a keyboard shortcut too. So that when a song stinks I can just hit a keyboard shortcut and know that I will not need to hear it again. 

As an addition to unconditionally supporting this feature being immediately  brought back in the form it was I'd like to add something else.

Namely that for this to really work reliably, Spotify has to solve the problem with the countless duplicates of a song that Spotify fails to understand and treat as duplicates. Without this solved this feature will become a bit like whack-a-mole as duplicates of the song turns up and have to be disliked as well. There is a suggestion for how to fix the duplicate problem here: [All Platforms][Your Library] Crowdsource the duplicate album and song problem

Again. I absolutely and unreservedly support adding this feature back in the state it was right now. In no way is this comment meant to imply otherwise. But if we want it to work truly reliably and well the duplicates problem needs to be solved. This would solve many other problems as well.