Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Put the Liked Songs back under each band's/artist's page for the desktop app

Not sure why it was even changed in the first place, but yeah... the new user interface for the desktop app is really inefficient, frustrating, and ultimately a deal breaker in its altering how the songs that you've liked are accessed.

More specifically... taking them off of each individual band's/artist's page where it previously only took a few seconds to find and play a song that you liked through the green heart mechanism was a bad idea/move.

Furthermore... throwing them all together into a single play list is an even worse idea/move given that it now takes so long trying to scroll up and down through thousands of liked songs while trying to find whatever it is you're specifically looking for that you are better off just giving up trying to use the desktop app and switching over to the mobile/tablet Spotify app that still has your liked songs listed under the artist page, or just straight up ditching Spotify completely and looking up the song on YouTube, Bandcamp, etc.

With that... and as someone who has ever-present tinnitus in both ears from my time serving in the military that in turn makes being able to use the Spotify desktop app to listen to music through headphones that are of high-enough quality to actually be capable of drowning out the constant ringing in my ears (and in turn desktop-dependent) super important in maintaining my sanity/mental health...

I damn near beg whoever is in charge of such to re-implement the layout of the previous user interface so that the Liked Songs are moved back to the individual Artist's page as its removal with the new user interface has pretty much killed off my being able to even use the new Spotify desktop app at all (and in turn the aforementioned high quality headphones that I am dependent upon).

Additionally... might I add that putting the "About" section of each artist's page at the very bottom instead of at the very top of it is also a bad move in that having actual info about the artist listed as the very last thing on their page is really inefficient (if not disrespectful) given that it comes after other artist's work is recommended before you can even read about the artist whose page you clicked on to check out in the first place.

With that... I'd not only recommend returning the Liked Songs to each Artist's page, but also recommend structuring their pages so that it is presented in the following and more efficient order...

1) the About section;
2) the Liked Songs section;
3) the Popular songs section;
4) the Discography section;
5) the Offers section;
6) the Artist Playlists section;
7) the Featuring section;
😎 the Fans also like section.

I hope that whatever powers that be within the Spotify decision-making hierarchy that actually see this seriously consider, and really... just start straight up making moves to get the ball rolling on having at least the Like Songs (re)implemented to each Artist page, because if not... people such as myself that are a heavy, heavy users of the desktop app are highly likely to start transitioning to some other means of efficiently listening to the music that they love, which is something that I really hope I don't have to do after having already invested hundreds (if not thousands) of hours into piecing together a music library that serves as a key (if not primary) component of maintaining my sanity/mental health.

Sincerely,
L

Updated on 2021-12-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
morikotto

Man, I've been a premium user for years and this update has absolutely ruined my experience. I might as well just start uploading illegal youtube rips to iTunes again so I can actually curate my experience instead of being forced to either stream a bunch of songs I hate or manage an increasingly unwieldy number of artist-specific playlists. I upgraded to premium Very Specifically Because I hated having to endure free spotify's random insertion of unrelated songs into whatever you were listening to, and now premium is doing basically the same thing?! **bleep**ing unbelievable.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-02

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We're going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and I hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

jwolinski25

old playlists for artists with all songs listed

Lucasbrum2

Now I can't see the songs I liked from an artist under the "artists" tab even in the mobile app!!

It's insane how bad the team that makes the UI for spotify is (or maybe this is just spotify trying to push their recommended and podcasts by making us not able to easily access our songs).

The insane thing is that there was already this same suggestion from two years ago that 2300 upvotes and you acknowledged it and said it was fixed, but now you're trying to do the same thing again

STOP DOING THINGS THAT WERE ALREADY BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION THAT YOU SHOULDN'T DO!!

FIX THIS

djangorein

Weren't About and Fans also like labels you could click on before?  That's the efficient way to do it, as separate pages that can be accessed quickly.  Not this ridiculous scrolling up and down.  I get the impression that Spotify is trying to make their desktop application as bad as their awful mobile version.  The latter started out fairly poor and has steadily gotten worse.

betobon

Totally agree. The new layout is not good. For example the playlist's columns: how can I sort an specific band/singer in my playlist to check their songs? 

Brosquito

Amen. Why does it feel like they are trying to make a social network instead of a music player. I use the app on the regular and I have downloaded specific albums I like but when I click on an artist in my library it takes me to their page now??? 

linlu00

Agree with OP. Also a vet that suffers from tinnitus and uses music to help me stop "hearing" it ( aka noticing it since it never goes away). Why are you implementing features we don't ask for, remove useful features, and make the app less accessible? I've seen other threads where you actually recommend using another platform. Has your business and marketing team seen those closed cases? Way to chase customers to other competitors, SMH. I could always take my family plan business elsewhere.

Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-06-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're happy to announce that Liked songs on artist profiles are back. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-10-08

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this Idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day!